voltan
The big problem I have whit XOOPS
  • 2011/1/25 7:49

• voltan

• Theme Designer

• Since: 2006/12/5

I use XOOPS for all of our web sites and customers websites . But the biggest XOOPS problem for us is a content manager module . XOOPS have to many content manager module but all of them have some problem or deficiency .

I put the time and add some options for xnews and check publisher . but we need sellect one main content manager module for development and rebuild codes and public as official content manager module for XOOPS .

this is very big problem XOOPS have good core and to many good module but content manager modules are not very good .

what is your idea ? which module are good ?

vamptrix
Re: The big problem I have whit XOOPS
  • 2011/1/25 8:01

• vamptrix

• Theme Designer

• Since: 2008/5/3 1

We should make one module the official one and include it in the core. It's not an optional choice to install one, it's a required feature for any site to add content.

I suggest that we modify Mastop Publish a bit - it's a great module, but needs some polishing now (reducing size e.g.)
I used to use this account, but no longer.

voltan
  • 2011/1/25 8:37

• voltan

• Theme Designer

Quote:
We should make one module the official one and include it in the core. It's not an optional choice to install one, it's a required feature for any site to add content.

I suggest that we modify Mastop Publish a bit - it's a great module, but needs some polishing now (reducing size e.g.)

perhaps add a content manager module as core module not good idea but we must have official content manager ( like news )

bjuti
  • 2011/1/25 8:51

• bjuti

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2009/1/7 2

My choice is Publisher for dynamic and Content from ForMuss for static pages.

Publisher is great module, but there is no official version so I don't know what version I use on what site, coz I'm downloading it from xuups svn.

Mamba
  • 2011/1/25 10:01

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

I agree with Content from Nicolas (ForMuss). As a matter of fact, we used that for the SHPE Conference Website. The Events Menu on the left hand side is generate by the Content module itself from the individual pages.

Nicolas was going to work on it and add some cool features, but because of his new-born baby, he has very little time. Hopefully he'll be able work on it soon.

Regarding dynamic content, my ideal situation would be if the team around xNews could work together with NovaSmart and merge xNews with AMS, including some features from Mastop Publish.

Regarding Publisher, I am not sure if Trabis will continue with its further development, as he's been quiet lately, but if he does, it could be a good alternative.

But for the time being, a merged xNews/AMS/Mastop would be a good choice.
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

voltan
  • 2011/1/25 16:22

• voltan

• Theme Designer

Quote:
I agree with Content from Nicolas (ForMuss). As a matter of fact, we used that for the SHPE Conference Website. The Events Menu on the left hand side is generate by the Content module itself from the individual pages.

Nicolas was going to work on it and add some cool features, but because of his new-born baby, he has very little time. Hopefully he'll be able work on it soon.

Regarding dynamic content, my ideal situation would be if the team around xNews could work together with NovaSmart and merge xNews with AMS, including some features from Mastop Publish.

Regarding Publisher, I am not sure if Trabis will continue with its further development, as he's been quiet lately, but if he does, it could be a good alternative.

But for the time being, a merged xNews/AMS/Mastop would be a good choice.

I think we must public it as news and invitation developers for work on xnews and public next official ASAP. what's you think?

Mazarin
  • 2011/1/25 16:38

• Mazarin

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2008/12/10

IIRC, isn't Mastop Publish more of a static content module?

What's the major difference between the Content module by ForMuss and the one by Kerkyra?

Regerdless, it's probably a good idea to include one or two "content creating" modules in the core to help newcomers, as you have discussed above.

iunderwood

I think we need a strong content module. I've been quite happy w/ News 1.66 for my own needs, and it does its job well.

However, I disagree that it should be in the core. The core should provide core services only with all other services modularized. For instance, the work done on the profile module has been pretty darn awesome which was stagnant before it was broken out. The modularity is what has drawn me to XOOPS and has kept me here after nearly 5 years. Maybe we can put together a suggested bundle of modules.

Module work seems to be coming out of relatively few developers nowadays. Thankfully, we've got a pretty dedicated core team, but the labor of love which is module writing takes time to do well. I'd name some names of talented folks we've either lost or who have gone dark, but I don't want to devolve the thread. :)

Of all the modules I've written, the UHQ-GeoLocate is the only one which I have written that I feel is functionally complete, and that does only one relatively simple function. The rest of what I've written is in various states of completion ... some of which may never be truly done.

Collectively, I think it's important that we be sure to managed forks better since there are some modules which have the same name, but clearly different revisions between authors.
++I;
Resized Image

Mamba
  • 2011/1/26 3:57

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Quote:
However, I disagree that it should be in the core. The core should provide core services only with all other services modularized.

No worry! It won't be part of the Core!

But we need a very good content module to be included with XOOPS distribution package.

And you're absolutely right - we need to consolidate and manage better forks. And have better team work developing them.
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

sarahmx
  • 2011/1/26 4:21

• sarahmx

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2007/10/28

Content module (formuss) & content module (kerkyra)

https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?post_id=325221

Login

Who's Online

165 user(s) are online (90 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 165

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits