voltan
Go to HTML5 and CSS3
  • 2011/1/22 15:13

• voltan

• Theme Designer

• Since: 2006/12/5

Hello

todays I check some of important's XOOPS module templates . XOOPS thems useing new and good method but some of module templates are too old and do not have good structure .

I suggest theme and module developers allocate time to redesign some of important XOOPS module templates

My suggested module is :

1- news
2- newbb
3- extgallery
4- tdmdownload
5- xoopspoll
6- publisher ( smartsaction )
7- smartfaq ( new module : xfaq )
8- content

we just rebuild templates and do not add new feature in modules .

we will use HTML5 and CSS3 in new templates and use jquery and jquery ui.

kris_fr
Re: Go to HTML5 and CSS3
  • 2011/1/22 16:51

• kris_fr

• Theme Designer

• Since: 2005/12/31

yep, good idea !!

redheadedrod

Will be working on xoopspoll so more information on what it is exactly that you mean would be helpful.

Mazarin
  • 2011/1/22 18:06

• Mazarin

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2008/12/10

Yes, Rodney and I have been discussing about changing the templates anyway, but could you be a bit more specific of what you envision?

voltan
  • 2011/1/22 18:12

• voltan

• Theme Designer

• Since: 2006/12/5

for example this template :
http://xoops.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/xoops/XoopsThemes/PublicInterface/smashingmagazine/trunk/modules/news/news_item.html?revision=6095&view=markup

Mamba
  • 2011/1/22 19:22

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Great idea.

Once tested and approved, we could maybe use it as the "default" theme for 2.5.0.

So let's come with cool ideas for a HTML5/CSS3 theme, let's look for best practices around, and then do voting on the best idea, and then work together on it.

I was reading recently few articles about Media Queries and Responsive Web Design with HTML and LessFramework, which could be interesting for us as well.

Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

redheadedrod

Hopefully won't step on anyones toes here but I fully believe a theme should be as basic in structure as possible. Some of the frameworks I have seen that require dozens of files in many directories just get confusing as heck. The intention of simplicity is lost somewhere...

The best themes I have seen have very few files. Makes it much easier to see what is going on and not as easy to make mistakes.

The simplest theme I have seen has a images directory, a theme.html, a style.css and thats it.. The theme its self wasn't necessarily simple but the file structure sure was. Made it easy to see how things worked.

Was able to edit the theme to what I wanted in just a few hours when a theme with many files took me days to change by the time I figured out where things were.

Rodney

mojtabajml
  • 2011/1/23 9:40

• mojtabajml

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/7/16

Many user's browsers do not support HTML5 but Jquery ui is good idea.

Login

Who's Online

158 user(s) are online (103 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 158

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits