redheadedrod
Re: Adding items to main menu

Well I made the changes to my test system and it popped right up...

This is my development xoops 2.5.
I went to modules/system/template/blocks/system_block_mainmenu.html and added the code between the lines

<{/foreach}>
    <{/foreach}>

and

<!-- end module menu loop -->
</
div>

Was going to put the whole block on here but for some reason I am getting a blank screen when I hit submit even though preview works fine.

I have "Check templates for modifications ?" set to yes and using default templates.

Came up fine with no issue.

Make sure you are actually saving it to the right position and that the file is the right one.

If you are not caching the templates currently and you made the change and it isn't being read then it has to be a file permissions issue on the file its self or you have multiple copies of the same thing at the same place somehow and the system is taking the old one instead of the new one. (I noticed if I edit files through my cpanel it does this to me so I make sure I ftp to my site, download the file, make whatever changes, then upload it back via FTP over riding the original file. Otherwise I have multiple copies of the same file that are just different versions. )

Wonderfish1

W00t!!!

OK it is working - but for a weird reason, I think.

The default template set was set to Defaultclone - a clone of default that I had created early in the process - and the menu items do not appear. When the default template set is set to default, it works.

I don't know why this would be, but I am happy that it now works.

Whew.

Many thanks Rod and ghia for your help.

Tim

redheadedrod

Well maybe I wasn't clear enough in #8 where I addressed this...

And I quote...

Quote:

Also make sure you are using the default template set.

If you have cloned the template set and using them then I believe the system will use the cloned templates in all areas and won't even look at the files on the system. In that case you would have to edit the cloned templates.

I could have added "or atleast make sure you are set to using the "default" templates in system preferences.

Glad to have helped and helped you figure it out...

Rodney

Wonderfish1

Thanks again to Rod, ghia and anyone else who helped. Well done.

Thanks,
Tim

Login

Who's Online

221 user(s) are online (153 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 221

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits