edwsin
newbie question
  • 2010/8/25 3:05

• edwsin

• Just popping in

• Since: 2010/8/25

hi all,
my name is edward and i'm new for xoops :)
After i read the documentation about what is xoops, i'm totally lost
Could you guys tell me what exactly this xoops stands for..?
and what are the modules for..?

I have been searching for document management system, and it seems xoops can be a DMS with a module add on.
Thanks,
Edward

Googilizer
Re: newbie question
  • 2010/8/25 3:45

• Googilizer

• Just popping in

• Since: 2010/8/25

XOOPS is an acronym of "eXtensible Object Oriented Portal System". Though started as a portal system, it is now developing as a Web Application Platform. It aims to serve as a web framework for use by small, medium and large sites, through the installation of modules. For example, a small XOOPS installation can be used as a personal weblog or journal, but this can be expanded upon and customized, for example users might add the appropriate modules (freeware and commercial) to store content in news, forums, downloads, and more. Constantly updated and improved, it draws praises from reviewers [1]

Due to its popularity all over the world, there are several books written about XOOPS in many languages [2].

XOOPS is a free open source content management systems (CMS), written in PHP. It uses a modular architecture allowing users to customize, update and theme their websites. XOOPS is released under the terms of the GNU General Public License (GPL) and is free to use, modify and redistribute.

Hope that helped.
Googilizer

cambriamaven
Re: newbie question

If you haven't given up or already figured it out, I highly recommend this thread:
https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?start=0&topic_id=57133&viewmode=flat&order=ASC&type=&mode=0

Login

Who's Online

168 user(s) are online (92 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 168

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits