• dxb_kannel

• Just popping in

• Since: 2010/9/24

hello friends,
let me introduce myself. this is karan. i work on

Mail Server
Voip ( Asterisk)
Vpn

i am just a beginner in xoops. i am beginner in php also.

my question is can xoops do every thing like microsoft share point like

User Account
Announcement
Meetings
CMS
Document Sharing and Version

experts plz guide me in xoops

regards,
http://www.opensourcesolution.in

bjuti
Re: Is Xoops Just like Microsoft Share Point
  • 2010/9/24 15:37

• bjuti

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2009/1/7 2

I never worked in Sharepoint but I suppose that Xoops will fit.

Xoops is cms, wich mean that it could do user accounts and privilages, you could use calendar module for meetengs, announcement - every content module like eg. news, doc sharing - i suppose, there is module for that, but I never tried it.

iHackCode

XOOPS probably cant do everything SharePoint can. i remember this video i saw (sharepoint in plain english: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s12Jb5Z2xaE . I don't know that much about SharePoint, i do remember it being server software that manages stuff, and you get a site of that managed stuff. Anyways..

With XOOPS you have the native ability to manage groups of users, their permission levels on what modules and blocks (blocks:the little containers of info ex: a menu or a search block) are visible to them or even what they can use. also the usage of Smarty for themes and templating.

with adding some modules to XOOPS you are able to add a blog, forum, news, chat, downloads, links, gallery, calendar, rss feeds, wiki's, classifieds, and more..

So XOOPS probably has a module for the things you need, but i don't think there is a module that does it all together like how SharePoint does it. Since Sharepoint is about collaboration of many people for different groups of an organization, managing content, informing the team, and whatever else SharePoint does . While XOOPS is more about user group control with developers developing modules as they feel fit and letting the developers shape what they want their XOOPS installation to do. that explains the variety of modules we have. But that's just my view, i haven't been keeping up in the latest news/modules/updates in the XOOPS World.
CBB / LatestNews / Publisher / XM-Spotlight

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

dxb_kannel
  • 2010/9/25 7:40

• dxb_kannel

• Just popping in

• Since: 2010/9/24

plz tell me can Document Sharing,Version and Meetings can be done in XOOPS.

bjuti
  • 2010/9/25 9:17

• bjuti

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2009/1/7 2

Te best way to find what you want is to browse module repository. Some modules have weird names, but if you're creative enough, you could use them for a different manner :)

Login

Who's Online

515 user(s) are online (56 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 515

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits