nmshah
How to configure Picocal Module
  • 2010/7/25 20:38

• nmshah

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2007/7/2 8

While searching for a good event and calender module I some how reached this page

http://xoopscube.org/modules/pukiwiki/?cmd=read&page=XOOPSCubeLegacy%2FModuleCompatibility%2FPicocal&word=picocal
and
http://xoopscube.jp/module/releases?release_view=oldest&page=13

The module (Picocal) is dependent on pico and altsys modules from Gijoes site.

Even though it has been developed for XOOPS Cube I tried using it with xoops 2.4.5 and php 5.2

Seems to instal correctly and also displays the calender in the blocks as well as the module index page.

Now the problem is that I have no idea How to configure the preferences in picocal to work with pico.
There is a readme file with picocal but not really able to understand the same.

Kindly help me configure the Picocal preferences so that i can use it with pico correctly.

nmshah
Re: How to configure Picocal Module
  • 2010/7/26 6:55

• nmshah

• Just can't stay away

I came accross some more pages about this module. They are in japanese, tried using google translate but still am not able to figure out how to configure the picocal correctly.

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=en&sl=ja&u=http://www.xugj.org/modules/d3forum/index.php%3Ftopic_id%3D725&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dpicocal%2Bmodule%2Bwith%2Bpico%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-GB:official&rurl=translate.google.co.in&usg=ALkJrhiX7cok7eBdAs0Wtk6GKwkJ4HSr1A

Mamba
  • 2010/7/26 8:08

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

If you want to use XOOPS Cube modules on XOOPS, it's always good to install XOOPS Cube and then test it there first to see if the behavior is the same later on XOOPS.

So install a stable version of XoopsCube, install all the required modules (altsys, pico, picocal), then follow the instructions from here, where it says:
Quote:
Just install another instance of Pico, rename it, and add the new name to Picocal preferences.

Now copy /pico to let's say /pico2, install it and then go to Preferences for picocal.

You'll see the "target pico" field, where you input "pico2", and now the Picocal should work.

Now, if you do the same in XOOPS, you'll go to picocal Preferences, you'll see that the "target pico" is not there. At least it's not in my XOOPS installation.

So even if some modules developed for another platform do install on XOOPS, it doesn't mean that they will work properly...

Of course you can contact the author and see if he can publish it also for XOOPS, or you can hack it yourself and try to make it work. It could be an easy fix, or it could be a major job....

Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

nmshah
  • 2010/7/26 13:53

• nmshah

• Just can't stay away

I tried installing XOOPS Cube to check this but my local server is xampp with default php 5.3 and XOOPS Cube does not seem to work with php 5.3

Anyways i am trying to see if I can still get it to work with xoops 2.4.5

The readme for the module say

Quote:
if you not using XOOPS Cube Legacy, please put code onto top top the theme with edit module instance name.
<{include_php file="$xoops_rootpath/modules/calendar/preload_x2.php"}>

This seems to suggest it works with systems other then XOOPS Cube as well.

I think this is the step where I am making a mistake. I am not sure how to and where in theme am I supposed to add the include statement.

So if some one can help me with the include statement

Login

Who's Online

158 user(s) are online (90 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 158

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits