jonathan2478
Is there a module limit?

I have started putting together a community site for my county here in Utah. There are many modules that will enhance the county web page and I've installed to what seems like the limit or something, I install any new modules now and when I try to go to the Blocks administration tab it gives me a blank white page, and I have to disable a module to get it working again. Is there any way around that? What do I have to do? Thanks very much for your help in advance! Your answers are very much appreciated. -Jonathan-

Mamba
Re: Is there a module limit?
  • 2010/5/28 23:09

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

This could be because the module might be incompatible with the XOOPS version or the PHP version that you're using.

I am pretty sure that if you install a different module, it will work just fine.

So the challenge is to find out what should be fixed in your that particular module.
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

jonathan2478

But the odd thing, is that it doesn't seem to matter which module I disable, as long as I disable one it fixes the problem. If I add any new module it goes back to the blank white page. Does that mean I just have to figure out which module is not compatible somehow?

Nick_James

Turn on your debugging so you can log the error.

rgauci
  • 2010/5/29 7:11

• rgauci

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2007/8/31

yes this is also happening to me
I have on my home page around
7 blocks on latest news (publisher)
1 latest photos (xcgall)

for the latest news blocks I have used the Tabs module

as said by jonathan2478 which ever I add it does gives me a blank home page and so I have to limit the many block I have on the homepage and also

a blank page is a blank page no coding shows up so using debug is useless

I am using xoops 2.4.4 and php 5

Earlier versions of xoops didn't gave me this problem, which is very very strange
Be Set FREE!

Mamba
  • 2010/5/29 7:26

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Can you try to test in on XOOPS 2.4.5 RC2?

Don't update your production site to it, but if you could have a different installation with the same modules and see if it behaves the same way, that would be helpful
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

Login

Who's Online

468 user(s) are online (55 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 468

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits