Peekay
Catads 1.53 BETA - remote URL fix
  • 2010/5/10 14:20

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/11/20

I recently discovered a remote URL that had been accidentally left in place by the original developers of Catads 1.52.

This is fixed in Catads 1.53.3 RC1, but if you have one of the 1.53 BETAs online, please make the following small change:

templates/catads_adssublist.html

change:

hs.graphicsDir 'http://www.agri-photo.com/modules/catads/images/graphics/';

to:

hs.graphicsDir './images/graphics/';

Because this involves a remote URL, you might also want to check that there are no cookies set by agri-photo.com.

Thx. Peekay
A thread is for life. Not just for Christmas.

btesec
Re: Catads 1.53 BETA - remote URL fix
  • 2010/5/10 15:35

• btesec

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2007/2/20

Thanks for the fix. Also, I noticed that when I used the search block the categories appear in alphabetical order and not showing categories with subcategories, the idea would be to present it the same way that the Add New Add block does. Also can you differentiate in the module main page where the categories are listed to indicate which are the main categories and which are their subcategories, just the page for submitting ad add displays the categories with subcategories, probably just add a new color for main categories.
My two cents here.

Peekay
  • 2010/5/10 17:26

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

Quote:

btesec wrote:
Thanks for the fix. Also, I noticed that when I used the search block the categories appear in alphabetical order and not showing categories with subcategories...

Yes, I had a bit of a problem with that.

I agree the category select menu in the submit form is nicer because it show sub-cats. The original search menu was similar:

ob_start();
$xt->makeMySelBox('topic_title','topic_title ASC',0,0'topic_id');
$search_form->addElement(new XoopsFormLabel(_MD_CATADS_SEARCH_CATEGORYob_get_contents()));
ob_end_clean();

However, the script that processes the search query (adslist.php) needs to get the 'topic_id' from that select menu and the above method doesn't seem to pass that data. That's why I reverted to an old method which passes both 'topic_title' and 'topic_id' to the script.

I'm kinda learning as I go along. It will be fixed before the final version

I have released an RC today which now correctly asks for a key-word in the search form. Blocks, RSS and search also respect category permissions. SEO is improved too with dynamically generated meta tags.

Thx for the feedback.

btesec
  • 2010/5/10 20:34

• btesec

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2007/2/20

Hi Peekay,
Sounds great. I also made some comments in the previous forum athttps://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?start=10&topic_id=71347&viewmode=flat&order=ASC&type=&mode=0

Looking forward to being of help.

Peekay
  • 2010/5/17 21:09

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

@btesec

Catads 1.53 RC2 is now available which correctly groups sub-categories in the search menus.

Login

Who's Online

249 user(s) are online (170 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 249

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits