Tomasson
why using xoops?
  • 2010/4/5 19:23

• Tomasson

• Just popping in

• Since: 2010/4/2 1

even after reading the inforamtion about XOOPS, I have a question: "why should people use an application from a third party? where are the guarantees, that there are no bugs in this application(and it would influence, f.e. on my personal web-sites,shops, etc.)? and GPL licence doesn't guarantees any rights in many cases. I need a clear explanation on these answers.
Thanks"

Mamba
Re: why using xoops?
  • 2010/4/5 19:57

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

As a somebody who is already using another Open Source CMS, I am curious why do you still need convincing about value of Open Source solutions?

Quote:
and GPL licence doesn't guarantees any rights in many cases

What cases? Could be more specific? I'll be glad to answer, if I know the details..

bjuti
  • 2010/4/5 20:42

• bjuti

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2009/1/7 2

I'm using XOOPS more than 6 years. That's guarantee because I hate stupid software, and that's why I don't using Joomla or something similar

reloaded
  • 2010/4/5 21:05

• reloaded

• Just popping in

• Since: 2010/4/5 2

why using xoops?, XOOPS years ago was the best, now can not compete with wordpress (SEO) or with XOOPS Cube xD
*xoopscube(increasingly similar to drupal)

deka87
  • 2010/4/5 21:12

• deka87

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2007/10/5

Well, I think it is obvious that the main advantage of free CMS and XOOPS particularly is that it is free. Nobody can guarantee you that it is bug free, but even Google has bugs. But seriously, why hire a coder to develop a website and spend money and time for its testing if you can use an open source system that has been tested by thousands of people around the world, unless you need a sophisticated website.

Login

Who's Online

512 user(s) are online (51 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 512

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits