Dylian
Re: xForms 1.0 (Rewritten)
  • 2010/3/11 23:00

• Dylian

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2007/7/21

Ok, first I don't use Article 2 so i can't tell you exactly what to do. But the steps explained in the readme (docs/README.txt) should work for all content modules.

About you multi-language problem i don't really get it... The characters aren't displaying right? Or what do you mean?

And if you use a content module you could create one form for each language and show the form in the right language on one page. (Multi-language module like xlanguage is required).

Example:
Say you want a form in Dutch and English.
STEP 1: Create 2 forms with the same questions, one in Dutch and the other in English.
STEP 2: Create a new page in your content module.
STEP 3: Place this tag in the content of the page: [nl][xform id=NUMBER-D][/nl][en][xform id=NUMBER-E][/en] (Replace NUMBER-D with the id of the Dutch form, and NUMBER-E with the id of the English form.)
STEP 3: Save the page you created.

Above is just a example, so the steps could be a little different, but generally it should work.

Greets Dylian.

BTW, i discovered my xform tag isn't very secure, since everyone who's allowed to post content on your website could use it. So if a user uses it in a comment the tag will work, and the requested form will be loaded in the comment. So I think i'll change the tag to [xform id=NUMBER pass=TEXT]. (NUMBER should then still be replaced by the id of the form you wan't to load and TEXT should be replaced by a password that will be set in the module settings. This way only people who know the password can load a form.

chefry
  • 2010/3/12 8:15

• chefry

• Home away from home

• Since: 2006/10/14

If you look at the email I posted as an example, there are a lot of characters that are not appearing correctly.

The TAG command in your readme file does not work with Article 2.0RC so there is no way to embed it into content.

That's why I suggested that one option was a text box for the webmaster to insert instructions.

chefry
  • 2010/3/12 9:16

• chefry

• Home away from home

I downloaded the content module and tried embedding the form into a text doc.

Doesn't work

Dylian
  • 2010/3/12 13:43

• Dylian

• Friend of XOOPS

Ok, multilanguage problem is solved. htmlentities() was used without passing the used charset .

Please upgrade to the latest build, it should work now.

And the tag should work alright and everywhere. You can see a demo page here:http://www.dylian.eu/modules/content/?id=2 .

I think a WYSIWYG editor is the only thing that could cause problems with the tag. Do you use one and if so wich one do you use?

Greets Dylian.

chefry
  • 2010/3/12 18:38

• chefry

• Home away from home

Quote:

xForms GoTag Testpage

Is this text in the content page?

I tried plain text and dhtml editor.

How exactly does the tag in the text look?

where is the latest build download?

Also I figured out that if you have a checkbox field, any fields after it will require a response, even when ALL the fields are set to no response.

I had 3 lines of checkboxes and a comments box after that. The first checkbox line didn't require a response. But everything after that did

hope that helps

Dylian
  • 2010/3/12 19:33

• Dylian

• Friend of XOOPS

As i said many times before (And it's explained in the readme),, the tag is [xform id=NUMBER] (Where you replace NUMBER with the id of the form)! The download link for the SID version of xForms will not change, and the page to check if you have the latest won't change aether.

Here they are again:
DOWNLOAD:http://dev.dylian.eu/download/modules/xforms
BUILD CHECK:http://dev.dylian.eu/latest/modules/xforms

Quote:
Also I figured out that if you have a checkbox field, any fields after it will require a response, even when ALL the fields are set to no response.

I had 3 lines of checkboxes and a comments box after that. The first checkbox line didn't require a response. But everything after that did

hope that helps

Yes that helps very much, thanks .

Greets Dylian.

chefry
  • 2010/3/13 8:04

• chefry

• Home away from home

If you mean just stick [xform id=NUMBER] somewhere in the content of the page, it doesn't work

Dylian
  • 2010/3/13 8:28

• Dylian

• Friend of XOOPS

Yes that's what i mean't, but did you replace number with the id of the form? (The id can be found in the url when you test, edit or view the responses of a form.)

Greets Dylian.

BTW Do you use XOOPS 2.4

chefry
  • 2010/3/13 12:26

• chefry

• Home away from home

XOOPS Version XOOPS 2.4.3
PHP Version 5.2.12
mySQL Version 5.1.41-3
Server API apache2handler
OS Linux
safe_mode Off
register_globals Off
magic_quotes_gpc On
allow_url_fopen On
fsockopen On
post_max_size 2M
max_input_time 10
output_buffering 4096
max_execution_time 10
memory_limit 24M
file_uploads On
upload_max_filesize 1500K

I Used [xform id=1]

and [xform id=1] is what appears in the text, but not the form

chefry
  • 2010/3/17 23:01

• chefry

• Home away from home

bump

Login

Who's Online

249 user(s) are online (147 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 249

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits