m4a2t0t
Editing blocks
  • 2010/3/6 22:11

• m4a2t0t

• Just popping in

• Since: 2010/3/6 2

I am trying to edit the system_block_siteinfo.html file to remove the logo and the recommend us link on the bottom. I edited the file to remove the DIV section at the bottom and uploaded the file but the content is still there (I deleted the original from the server). When I log in to the admin and check the file contents it shows that section (the DIV) as still being there.

I checked the theme I was using and I did not see any similar files.

Am I doing it wrong?

pcsavants.com/xoops

Thanks for any help.

Seems that I fixed it.

xoops_data/caches/smarty_compile

There was a cached copy in located in this folder. When I deleted it the stuff I want stopped showing up.

Anonymous
Re: Editing blocks
  • 2010/3/7 11:48

• Anonymous

• Since:

Quote:
m4a2t0t wrote:

I am trying to edit the system_block_siteinfo.html file to remove the logo and the recommend us link on the bottom. I edited the file to remove the DIV section at the bottom and uploaded the file but the content is still there (I deleted the original from the server).

So nearly there...... one more thing to do

Either:

1. Go into Admin>Preferences>General Settings and set the radio button for "check for new templates" to "yes". When you have seen the updated template reset it to "no" (important!)

or

2. Go to Modules admin and update the "System" module.

I prefer to use method 1.

HTH

kris_fr
Re: Editing blocks
  • 2010/3/7 14:07

• kris_fr

• Theme Designer

• Since: 2005/12/31

hi,

3) (and best solution) : use templates overriding --> https://xoops.org/modules/news/article.php?storyid=3367

@+

Login

Who's Online

509 user(s) are online (50 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 509

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits