John

awf2000
Re: Classifieds 2.1 Released for Xoops 2.4 versions
  • 2010/2/14 20:15

• awf2000

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/5/7 5

One more question.

Main Category have link like :http://site/modules/classifieds/index.php?pa=Adsview&cid=14
and image (folder image) have link:http://site/modules/classifieds/catview.php?cid=14
Is this normal?

awf2000
  • 2010/2/14 20:26

• awf2000

• Just popping in

When I try to make an upgrade with script ./admin/upgrade.php I recive an error
atal errorCall to undefined function jlm_ads_TableExists() in /modules/classifieds/admin/upgrade.php on line 15

jlm69
  • 2010/2/14 21:01

• jlm69

• Module Developer

• Since: 2002/7/19

I fixed the jlm_ads_TableExists, again it is now classifieds_TableExists, I have changed the download.

As far as the other one (index.php?pa=Adsview&cid=14) I can't find that, maybe clear your cache.
Let me know if that helps.

John

awf2000
  • 2010/2/14 21:47

• awf2000

• Just popping in

After clearing cashes all work fine!
Thanx for module!

bjuti
  • 2010/2/14 22:27

• bjuti

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2009/1/7 2

Quote:
I have re-released this module Feb. 14, 2010 with bjuti's meta description hack included. It was easy to add and seems to work good. Thanks to bjuti for his contribution.

Tnx John! :)

btesec
  • 2010/2/15 15:36

• btesec

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2007/2/20

Hello,
Can this be posted as a news item so people don't miss out.

jlm69
  • 2010/2/15 18:25

• jlm69

• Module Developer

Yes, I will do it tonight.

Thanks,

John

jlm69
  • 2010/2/18 3:13

• jlm69

• Module Developer

Due to a problem with the theme on this site and my computer I will probably not be answering questions on this site. If you need my help you will probably need to come to my site.

I need to approve your registration so it could take a day.

As soon as I can access this site easily I will use this site again.

I did not make a news story about this yet because I will be releasing a new version 2.2 this week, it will allow you to use a banner or adsense code between listings. I will make the news after that.

Thank You,

John

bumpeboy
  • 2010/2/23 23:45

• bumpeboy

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2008/10/4

Hello jlm69,

Once again congratulations for this module.

Your Site
I wanted to post a copy of this on your site but it doesn't allow me to log in and i have registered on your site, told incorrect login even after using the password re-sent to me via lostpassword.
I get this "Incorrect Login! using XOOPS authentication method"

Problem i have solved
1. On the block Recent Listings w/Photo it was not showing thumb. I had to edit ads_2.php

XOOPS_URL."/modules/$blockdirname/photo/thumbs/thumb_$urlalign="left" width="100px" alt="$title"></a>";

1. Complain

The module does not honour the fundamental principles of XOOPS group permission. If the Admin sets that Unregistered users can post ads, That should be respected at all cost. The module here is still forcing unregistered users to be registered to post. Unregistred users given permission by Admin to post get this message when trying to post "_ADS_MUSTREGFIRST"

I read your statement on your site:

Quote:
All my modules require users to be registered to add listings or to reply to a listing.
There are parts that NEED a user ID. to work properly.

All reputable websites DO NOT allow anonymous users to add anything, even on the
Xoops site you need to be registered, there are many reasons for this.

You may be able to hack the module to work with non registered users, it will probably not be easy, and I do not support this. I'm sorry but thats the way it is.

If this is the case then the Admin should not be allowed to give the permission to unregistered users to post, the Admin permission should be limited to Admin and registered members only.

2. Errors

a. Rating is not working ( I get a white blank page when trying to rate an item)

b. Users cannot comment on the item but can comment about the poster. The most important thing is to post a comment about the item and not the poster but in this case both would be nice coz the user can register a name like a shop and there might be a reason to comment about the user but certainly its more important to comment about the item.

c. The module is not displaying the "&" sign, example when you post (Health & Safety) it will show Health & amp: Safety

d. The link under block (Recent Listings with Photo) saying "Add a Classified Ad in this category" is not leading to submit but its point to the main index modules/classifieds/

e. The block (Recent Listings with Photo) is showing Ads without photos. I expected only the the ads with photos to show here.

3. Future requests:

a. Image Watermark.

b. Possibility of adding more customized FIELDS with options like this one modules/profile/admin/field.php?op=new
this can be used e.g to create Multi currency drop down or radio choice for male/female, old/new,

c. Users can add an item to watch list and favourite sellers

d. Ask the seller a question.

e. Location and sub location input by Admin e.g Country-UK City-London Area-Chelsea and a way that someone can search for item in Chelsea alone.

f. Featured Ads - This is a very important feature in any classified.

4. My Part

a. I will keep on using your modules and report any error and suggestion.

b. I will donate not once but often.

c. Today I have donated something small to you. And i will do it again and again because you deserve much more.

d. Any donation that I give to you or any other module developer, I will give the same amount to xoops.org That means that whatever I have given you today, I have given XOOPS the same potion and am willing to improve massively on my donation. I have posted this part to encourage others to give and support developers so as to encourage them to keep up the good job.

Login

Who's Online

202 user(s) are online (100 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 202

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits