redheadedrod
Question about AMS 2.52 and "Spotlighting" or how to do this..

Decided to move this here instead of the thread it was started on and hopefully the developer will see this and respond here.

I have a website I am trying to post the last so many articles on the top page so that when someone comes to the site they see the last so many news articles. Simular to how the front page of this site does.

The support site for AMS has a place for documentation but there is none there at this time so maybe I can use this module to do this, maybe not.

Currently I am using the latest News module with an add on module that allows me to show the last few news articles on the top page.

I am able to also adjust the number of characters from the "scoop" section to show so for relatively short news articles I am able to show the whole news article and not just a few words of it.

I am hoping that perhaps AMS is also able to do something of this nature?

Thanks!

Marvin_CZ
Re: Question about AMS 2.52 and "Spotlighting" or how to do this..
  • 2010/1/26 0:09

• Marvin_CZ

• Just popping in

• Since: 2009/4/2 1

Spotlight demo and module Mytab 2.2 u can see and download here: XUUPS
Manual here: Tutorial

NovaSmart
  • 2010/1/26 23:08

• NovaSmart

• Module Developer

• Since: 2007/6/1 2

Hi redheadedrod..
Yes... AMS can be configured easily to display many news. It also allow you to choose how it can be displayed. I'll post the screen shot how to do that if you want.

redheadedrod

So, I have a topic I would like the last few messages of showing on the top page. You are saying AMS will do this?

My team web site is VERY basic right now...

www.grandrapidsthunderfootball.com is the site I am currently working on.

If you look at the front page it has the last couple news items listed on the top page on the top of the page.

I am using news with a module to do that. If AMS will do the same thing I would like to use it instead.

To show the whole article I am able to change the "preview length" and have it set to 5000 characters to be able to show the whole "scoop" on the front page.

If this is what your referring to giving a screen shot on how to setup I would love to see that.

Rodney

redheadedrod

Quote:

Marvin_CZ wrote:
Spotlight demo and module Mytab 2.2 u can see and download here: XUUPS
Manual here: Tutorial

Thanks for the information.

I will likely eventually use tabs once my site has more content but at the moment it is pretty basic.

Not sure that this would work for me for now but hopefully will figure out something different soon.

I want to add features but I am dealing with very "limited talent wise" users so the team owner doesn't want to make them click on more then they need to...

Rodney

Login

Who's Online

192 user(s) are online (109 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 192

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits