Burning
Re: XOOPS Module Packs for 2010
  • 2010/1/19 12:24

• Burning

• Theme Designer

• Since: 2006/8/22

hi'

----

@whiscraft : about Content module, wich version have you tested ?
There are :
• Content by ForMusS : here
• Content by Kerkyra : here

... personnally I'm talking about the first one : I do not know Kerkyra version and I propose first version because of his simplicity.

Note : Content by forMusS works properly with wysiwyg editors, I haven't updated module

----

Another query (sorry...), if you propose a module, could you put download link :
• it would be more easy to form packs
• some user would be encouraged to test it

Other modules proposed :
VidShop 1.60
VJ Mixes 1.20
Multisite
• Group Manager ???

bumciach
  • 2010/1/19 14:19

• bumciach

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2007/6/25

Group Manager
I cannot find correct download link
https://xoops.org/modules/news/article.php?storyid=3957&com_id=47695&com_rootid=47695&

If someone will be interested I can upload somewhere this module from my copy.

Mamba
  • 2010/1/19 14:57

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

I've added the "Group Manager 1.01" to the Module Repository. Download it from here

Also added to XOOPS SVN for further development

redheadedrod

Quote:

redheadedrod wrote:
I have been wondering too if there might be a desire to build a wiki that is SOLELY for the use of documenting modules available for xoops.

In this wiki you would list the modules similar how the file repository is and with the wiki actually contain directions on how to use each module. And any special instructions if necessary for installation etc.
~
Blah blah
~
Rodney

Quote:

We definitely have to clean up the Wiki and FAQ.

If anybody wants to help, please join the Documentation Team

We are also looking at Dokuwiki to accomplish what you're looking for.

However, the first step is to have an active Documentation team. So anybody who would like to help, please join

Ahh, ok I didn't realize there already IS a wiki in place setup to do this now. I didn't realize the Documentation tab was actually the Wiki and contains ALL sorts of things...

Would seem to be a good idea for any module developers to put stuff related to their modules in this wiki when then post them such as was done with the "multisite" entry. (Which is actually how I found the wiki in the first place then tried to find it off the main menu...) Maybe there should be another of the larger menu tabs that says Wiki and has the main topics listed under them like it does for "forum" as an example.

Personally I think this or another Wiki (If you go to dokuwiki) should be pushed to be attached to the repository as much as possible so both get updated.

Rodney

NovaSmart
  • 2010/1/20 4:12

• NovaSmart

• Module Developer

• Since: 2007/6/1 2

1) Could I request to include my module :
Article Management System into the Module Packs?

2) When actually the deadline? "AMS 3.0 SEO" should be ready next month, so i hope it can be included. If not, AMS 2.52 should working fine on XOOPS 2.4.x but I'll do more testing.

p/s: AMS 3.0 currently under stability & security testing for XOOPS 2.4.x and looks fine until now. It had been used inhttp://xoops.novasmarttechnology.com for > 3 months.

Mamba
  • 2010/1/20 4:41

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

We can definitely add AMS for consideration

Mazarin
  • 2010/1/20 7:22

• Mazarin

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2008/12/10

I run AMS 2.52 on one of my 2.4.3 sites and it works fine. I write new articles every day and haven't experienced any problems yet.

(Really looking forward to AMS 3.0 too, since I like AMS)

redheadedrod

I would like to see the "spotlight" function work so we can put AMS on the top page. I am using news now with another module to do the same thing. Would be nice if AMS would do this automatically.

I would like to show most of the full text of the last few news items on the front page..

Rodney

Burning
  • 2010/1/21 17:04

• Burning

• Theme Designer

• Since: 2006/8/22

hi'

Quote:
I run AMS 2.52 on one of my 2.4.3 sites and it works fine.

Excellent news ! I just discovered this module, a lot of features ! In wich pack should we include this module ?

Is there someone else to share his modules knowledge ?
Some opinion about packs compositions ?

bjuti
  • 2010/1/21 18:43

• bjuti

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2009/1/7 2

Maybe is someone willing to merge AMS back to NEWS module and enable features of it?

I think that's confusing having eg. 10 content modules. Every newbee will be confused.

Login

Who's Online

236 user(s) are online (154 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 236

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits