redheadedrod
Having issues with Protector and 2.4.3 on clean install with included modules only

I am on a new web host now and installing the latest version of XOOPS to migrate my sites to.

I have a base install running on the host and after a while of using the site (A few hours) I have gotten the following error if I use the security advisory tab with the default version of Protector.

Fatal error: Class 'XoopsDatabaseFactory' not found in /home/public_html/class/database/database.php on line 127

When I comment out the "precheck" patch in the mainfile.php the error goes away.

This happened on both of the sites I was working on.

I think there is a newer version of protector so I will try installing that but not sure what the heck is going on.

Rodney

Mamba
Re: Having issues with Protector and 2.4.3 on clean install with included modules only
  • 2010/1/7 15:19

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Quote:
When I comment out the "precheck" patch in the mainfile.php the error goes away.

In 2.4.3 there in NO Protector precheck or postcheck needed (we use Preloads for it), so if you have it, please remove them from the mainfile.php

Thanks to Preloads, there is no need to hack the core anymore

redheadedrod
Re: Having issues with Protector and 2.4.3 on clean install with included modules only

Ahh so you do not have to make changes to the mainfile.php file?

The patches to the databasefactory.php file?

I installed the beta 3.5 version of protector and it seems to work better but knows if you don't make the patches to the above to files. I have not had any errors with this version so far.

Protector does notice if you don't make the patches and will complain.

Rodney

Login

Who's Online

240 user(s) are online (169 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 240

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits