Mamba
Re: Admin gives blank page
  • 2009/11/17 20:59

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

You'll have to help me with more information.

What version to what version?
What PHP version?
What modules?
Did you follow the instructions from Upgrade as outlined in the Release notes and the Installation Guide?
Is the Admin blank right away?

kerkyra
  • 2009/11/17 21:15

• kerkyra

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2005/2/14

i think i use 2.4.0 in this site. I didnt upgrade, just suddenly the admin page is blank... I use php 5. and the content, news and contact module apart from those included into XOOPS installation. The site was working fine. The front end is also working fine, but the admin.php page is blank. I have turned debug on and no errors are showing. Also the user.php page is blank with no errors...This is not the first time i use xoops. I use it all the time and had such problems in the past but managed to fix em! right now i really dont know what i should do...all folders seem to have to correct permissions. xoops_data and xoops_lib are outside document root and chmoded accordingly. The only thing i did was a change in the xoops_version.php file of the content module and then this happened. After that i restored the previous one but that didn correct the issue. Any ideas mate?

trabis
  • 2009/11/17 21:18

• trabis

• Core Developer

• Since: 2006/9/1 1

Quote:

kerkyra wrote:
The only thing i did was a change in the xoops_version.php file of the content module and then this happened.

This explains bug in userinfo.php because it does a search on the module and includes the language file. My bet is you have an error in language file of content module.

Mamba
  • 2009/11/17 21:20

• Mamba

there has to be more changes than the xoops_version.php change.

Most times blank Admin are related to:

- changes in PHP version and incompatible module
- changes in the xoops_lib directory with missing modules, or duplicated folders

If you want, PM me your login/password to your site, your FTP, and your phpMyAdmin, so I can take a look.

[EDIT] after reading Trabis' comment, this could be a reason too, and since I trust Trabis a lot, check your files first. Trabis thinks that it could be something like a missing ";" or an extra " ' "

kerkyra
  • 2009/11/17 21:40

• kerkyra

• Just can't stay away

already send mate

Mamba
  • 2009/11/18 0:26

• Mamba

OK, this was the issue:

I guess, you've modified locally the xoops_version.php from Content, but then, unfortunately, you have copied it to /news on your server, overwriting the News xoops_version.php, which caused the blanks screen, since it was the wrong file.

Now to the process how I got there.

1) I went to phpMyAdmin and in the "modules" table I disabled the active modules one by one by setting "isactive" to 0. After each module, I checked Admin if it works. After disabling News, I found that it was News module that was giving a problems, since the Admin showed up

2) Then I wanted to check the xoops_version in News to see if it's 1.64, because that could cause some issues. That's when I saw that it was the wrong xoops_version.php

I copied the original one from my News 1.63, and now it works just fine.

kerkyra
  • 2009/11/18 0:52

• kerkyra

• Just can't stay away

man i really owe you big time! it took me all day trying to figure out what was wrong!

I was sure it was the content module because i was working on it. Trying to correct some errors so as to update the download link of the module (in the modules area) and was watching the code of the news xoops_version.php to make the editors list in content preferences too! It was so so so stupid of me! I wonder where i had my mind.

the blank screen with no errors didnt help me at all.But thank god XOOPS has a strong community and this is not the first time it helped me. Thanks to all and specially you mamba.

Oh and regarding Trabis: respect man! Cheers :)

antipin
Admin gives blank page - help
  • 2009/12/27 3:16

• antipin

• Just popping in

• Since: 2009/10/10

Hi. Upgraded from 2.3.3 to 2.4.2. Everything went well, just one step - to update the modules, but I dug into the settings and changed the admin theme before, changed theme from ... forget :( ... to default ... may be ... not sure now. I lost access to my admin panel - blank page.
Please show me, where and how I can manually change admin theme without access to admin panel? What to do in this situation?
Sorry for my English.

UPD: I roll back, and upgrade again, follow the instructions to update correctly, but after try to update system module, press update button... and the same thing happened - blank page :(

UPDD: I do not know what it was ... but tried again and again, and it came out. Everything is working properly.

Login

Who's Online

393 user(s) are online (89 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 393

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Jul 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits