AlexSolo
Editor's malfunctioning in Content module
  • 2009/11/24 17:28

• AlexSolo

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2006/3/8 1

Using newest "Content" module in 2.4.1 install.

Ck seems to work fine.

koivi functions but it puts \ in front of every' and " when writing text.

FCK will not load. I get an error.

TinyMCE -loads fine but I get the background from my main site in the input box (it is dark so I can't see what to type). It also puts a \'.

Tinymce is my favorite although Ck is usable. How do I fix these problems with the other editors. I have downloaded what I assume was the newest package of editors from sourceforge but that did not seem to help?

AlexSolo
Re: Editor's malfunctioning in Content module
  • 2009/11/24 19:35

• AlexSolo

• Not too shy to talk

I also get this when creating an internal link:

http://constitutionpartyofmaryland.com/htdocs/modules/content/%5C%22modules/donations/index.php%5C%5C%22%5C%22

Am I doing something wrong? Is is module related or editor related?

AlexSolo
  • 2009/11/24 20:22

• AlexSolo

• Not too shy to talk

Well, Some of my problem has been resolved to human error in that I did not realize there was a Symbol button for Koivi .So that much fixed... but I still can't figure out how to create an internal link within a page. No matter how I write the link /module/content/ still gets added in the middle like so:
m/htdocs/modules/content/"donations/index.php"
com/htdocs/modules/content/"htdocs/modules/donations/index.php"
com/htdocs/modules/content/"/htdocs/modules/donations/index.php"
m/htdocs/modules/content/"http://constitutionpartyofmaryland/htdocs/modules/donaions/index.php"

How should i write this link. I am using koivi.

AlexSolo
  • 2009/11/24 21:26

• AlexSolo

• Not too shy to talk

this is what happens when trying to use fckeditor:
Quick links

Content
Manage Content Add Content Order Site Menu Page Permissions
This page cannot be displayed due to an internal error.

You can provide the following information to the administrators of this site to help them solve the problem:

Error: Cannot create fckeditor config file
Backtrace:
/class/xoopseditor/fckeditor/formfckeditor.php (139)
/class/xoopsform/formeditor.php (99)
/modules/content/admin/include/admin_functions.php (74)
/modules/content/admin/edit_content.php (276)

kerkyra
  • 2009/11/25 10:10

• kerkyra

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2005/2/14

regarding the fck editor problem you'll have to make the 'cache' folder in XOOPS root folder writable (777) in order for the config file to be created in there.

Now about the link issue i'm not sure what is wrong. I think it should be the editors fault. Are you using this editor anywhere else in the site?

make sure you have configured each editor before using it. For example koivi (i'm not really using it) is escaping quotes. That is why it adds a \ before them. This could be fixed probably in its config file or your server have magic quotes turned on.

the background in the other editor is probably a css problem. Does it happen only on the admin area or in the frontend as well?

AlexSolo
  • 2009/11/25 14:57

• AlexSolo

• Not too shy to talk

Thanks for the FCK tip. It now loads just fine.

The link problem seems to be with ANY editor used with the content module. I have now tried Koivi, fck,ck,tinymce and a few others. It seems that the module is forcing it's url in front of the actual url of the link.

The only other module that we are using that requires a wysiwug is news and it functions properly with any editor. Links are given as typed.

As for tinymce, the main site background ONLY show up during admin. When page is viewed everything is fine. I have not touched the CSS's for the site at all. The only thing I did was replace the header image with mine by renaming mine to the one the author used to build the theme.

Experiment: I remove the background image for the theme and the problem with tinymce went away. But I really don't want to do that as it is what makes the site.

I also cannot embed any flash video as all the editors mess up the code by adding those lines, mostly invisibe to the front page but they're there none the less. Funny thing is this is my 4th XOOPS site but the first beyond 2.14. It was no problem adding flash to any page, now it is.

They all work flawlessly. 1 for over 4 years without a complaint from the owners. I have had to do very little to maintain these older sites.

AlexSolo
  • 2009/11/25 15:31

• AlexSolo

• Not too shy to talk

Just tried embedding a flash video from youtube and this is what it looks like after saving:<object width=""425"" height=""344"">
<param value=""http://www.youtube.com/v/7_SobkISNrY&hl=en_US&fs=1&"" name=""movie"" />
<param value=""true"" name=""allowFullScreen"" />
<param value=""always"" name=""allowscriptaccess"" /><embed width=""425"" height=""344"" allowfullscreen=""true"" allowscriptaccess=""always"" type=""application/x-shockwave-flash"" src=""http://www.youtube.com/v/7_SobkISNrY&hl=en_US&fs=1&""></embed></object>

Wait this is not how it is showing up for me instead of the double quotes it is using the html equivalents of a quote.

kerkyra
  • 2009/11/25 16:10

• kerkyra

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2005/2/14

i think it must be some configuration in the editors config file perhaps or globally on the server? Have you checked that? I dont face that problem on my server!

AlexSolo
  • 2009/11/25 16:13

• AlexSolo

• Not too shy to talk

Not the server, i'm sure! As I have said, unles they have drastically changed the way XOOPS operates. I have 4 other sites that I do not have these issues with.

Mazar
  • 2009/11/25 19:06

• Mazar

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2009/1/4 0

having the same problem with fck, mce editors in content module with XOOPS 2.4.1

if i put image or link which shows with quotes in frontend. messed up

Login

Who's Online

155 user(s) are online (108 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 155

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits