joostmusic
Sendmail doesn't work after migration
  • 2008/3/7 11:48

• joostmusic

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/8/26

After migrating my site to a new server, the sendmail option to mail users doesn't work anymore at all. I've consulted the support desk of the provider which hosts the server, and they say that I can't use sendmail anymore through the exec() option, but only through the mail() option. I'm a bit of a noob with these things, so I don't know if I should change these options somewhere, and how to do it.

Do I need to check or update any PHP script to do this?

Anonymous
Re: Sendmail doesn't work after migration
  • 2008/3/7 11:57

• Anonymous

• Since:

I found this too.

Switched to phpmail and everything works fine. Might be easier than messing about with code?

joostmusic
  • 2008/3/7 22:13

• joostmusic

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/8/26

Thanks. Sometimes I have problems with php mail but indeed not all of the time. I'll try meddle around with this some more.

If anyone else has more info on the sendmail thing I'll still be happy to hear about it.

noo-b
  • 2008/3/8 0:45

• noo-b

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2007/10/23

have you setup/create email in your server (youremail@domain.com) ?

i don't know if this is a correct solution but i have the same problem last time when i migrated to a new server..sendmail & phpmail not working....i don't if this really related to each other but as soon as i setup an email in my new server...everything is working fine...i can use or receive any email from gmail/yahoo etc
I Love Xoops

terrion
  • 2008/3/8 11:19

• terrion

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/9/19

I had similiar problems after an upgrade. Turns out I needed to increase the maximum memory limit in php.ini to 64mb.
Terrion
Purchase, renew, or transfer your domain name to Ultranet Domains and get a FREE 10GB hosting account. Virtual Dedicated Servers around $35/monthly, no contract. FREE 24/7 telephone ...

ukandrewf
  • 2009/10/21 15:44

• ukandrewf

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/12/2

i had same problem and fixed it like this.

I host my email on another server to my webserver (for hosted outlook).

My control panel simply (2 months later) needed the tick next to the mail account under edit domain to be removed.

This stooped the server trying to resolve email addresses locally and instead go to the mx record which showe dthe email was hosted elsewhere.

ONE TICK BOX!!! aaaaaargh

Edit Domain
Web Site
Mail Account
Disk Quota (MB):

Login

Who's Online

193 user(s) are online (123 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 193

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits