luciorota
modulize image manager
  • 2009/10/8 15:19

• luciorota

• Module Developer

• Since: 2007/4/20

I would like to modulize default XOOPS image manager... can I?

i have a beta work ready, i would like submit it? can i?

Mamba
Re: modulize image manager
  • 2009/10/8 15:29

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Yes, You Can!!!

Please do - if people like it, we'll include in future releases.
With the new Preload functionality in 2.4, people should be able to add it as a module, and XOOPS should take care of the rest.

mboyden
  • 2009/10/8 22:59

• mboyden

• Since: 2005/3/9 1

I'd reviewed CKFinder (the file/image manager from the FCKeditor group, now CKEditor) awhile back, and thought it could be well integrated into a XOOPS site. I haven't had a chance to work with it since I did the work on FCKeditor and got that file/image uploader working. However CKFinder allows for deletion and such as well. Might be something to look at. I remember at first glance it seemed to have a lot of flexibility and configurability and designed ready to integrate (with some permission checking) into a multi-permission environment.

No matter what, a full featured files management tool would be a positive addition.

I also used an image gallery for one client for internally managing the images they could then later select for displaying in articles and such (pointed to the same directories).

luciorota
  • 2009/10/15 20:58

• luciorota

• Module Developer

On repository XOOPS with modulized image manager (tnx to Trabis for his new onload system)
Try it!
http://xoops.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/xoops/XoopsCore/branches/tasks/2.4.0-luciorota-modulize_imagemanager%2Bfeature_2865026.tar.gz?view=tar

Have fun... try it and tell me what you think about it (needed some help)

Mamba
  • 2009/10/15 23:04

• Mamba

I see that the Tarball contains all XOOPS files - the whole XOOPS installation. Which one is your code? Is it only the module, or did you change other files on Core as well?

After installing the whole things separately, I can add new images, but cannot edit them. Is this correct, i.e. you didn't yet install the outside ImageEditor, and this is still just a "proof of concept"?

voltan
  • 2009/10/16 6:40

• voltan

• Theme Designer

• Since: 2006/12/5

please use this hack in your work :d
https://xoops.org/modules/news/article.php?storyid=5033

luciorota
  • 2009/10/16 7:53

• luciorota

• Module Developer

@mamba

Trunk files changed:
- image.php (added onload trigger, feature_2865026 in progress)
- imagemanager.php (added onload trigger, feature_2865026 in progress)

- modules/sistem/admin/images/admin.php (added onload trigger)

File added to trunk:
- image_default.php (feature_2865026 in progress)
- imagemanager_default.php (feature_2865026 in progress)

New module:
- newimagemanager
this is a module still in progress (who can help me?), for now image editor don't work... i'm working on it, but imagemanager modulization work fine (i hope)

@voltan
i'll do asap...

Mamba
  • 2009/10/16 11:56

• Mamba

Thanks for the explanation - it helps to know what has been changed :)

If the Core team agrees, we might add your changes to image.php and imagemanager.php to XOOPS 2.4, so it's "capable" of using your new ImageEditor, one it's done and available.

I tested it, and yes, the imagemanager modulization works, i.e. the new ImageEditor is being called.

Now, we just need to adjust the image parameters that you're passing to ImageEditor, so it works properly, and it will be a very nice edition to XOOPS!!!

So congratulations, and thank you for doing it!!!

luciorota
  • 2009/10/16 12:12

• luciorota

• Module Developer

Quote:

Mamba wrote:
So congratulations, and thank you for doing it!!!

I'm really moved inside
And my heart says: congratulation to you and to all xoopsers!!!

Mamba
  • 2009/10/16 12:41

• Mamba

You see, this is what I am talking about getting engaged and making a difference. We've been talking about the ImageEditor for months if not for years.

Now, by creating this wrapper around ImageEditor, you're making a difference, and I hope, more people will follow.

As I just told somebody else in an email:

1 developer working on XOOPS for 100 hours/week will get burned out very quickly and will disappear.

100 developers working 1 hour/week on XOOPS will create the some 100 hours of work, but everybody will be less stressed and having more fun.

OK, there will be some lost productivity due to the need for coordination, so let's make 2 hours/week, but I think, all of us could spare at least two hours/week to contribute to XOOPS.

So I appreciate your contributions very much, and I hope, more people will follow. !!!

Login

Who's Online

143 user(s) are online (82 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 143

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits