playsome
adding album title to xcgal metal albums block
  • 2009/7/27 21:19

• playsome

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2009/4/15

Hey,

I have the xcgal meta albums block set up on my homepage displaying 2 columns and 2 rows, I would like to display the album title underneath each picture in the block.

I have already tried several things but nothing seems to work. I have tried adding <{$album_title}> and <{$alb.title}>into the template but these do not work I have also tried:
<{php}>echo ("$album_title");<{/php}>

but this does not work either, finally I tried inserting
$xoopsTpl->assign('album_title'$album_title);
into xcgal_blocks.php and then putting <{$album_title}> in the template but I got a blank page, I am not sure if I have put this line of code inot xcgal_blocks.php in the correct place I added it underneath these 2 lines:
define("BLOCK_FIRST_USER_CAT"10000);
define('RANDPOS_MAX_PIC_BLOCK'200);

If someone could point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated.

Cheers.

playsome
Re: adding album title to xcgal metal albums block
  • 2009/7/28 20:21

• playsome

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2009/4/15

Well, I've been looking through some of the xcgal files to try and figure something out for this but alas I have had no luck, my knowledge of PHP is practically zilch ( i have been trying to learn for 2 weeks now) but what i can figure out is:

$album_title is a variable (i think) I am guessing &alb.title and $album_name are also variables, other templates such as the xcgal_display.html uses <{$album_name}> to display the album title and xcgal_index.html uses <{$alb.title}> to display the album name.

My question is how can I get the block template to display the album title if I insert the smarty code <$album_title}> or <{$alb.title}>?

Im not looking for the complete answer just nudged in the right direction I would rather I had a learning experience than have the answer handed on a plate and learn nothing.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Martin

Login

Who's Online

127 user(s) are online (76 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 127

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits