nmshah
Events module to manage events split over weekends
  • 2009/3/31 20:50

• nmshah

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2007/7/2 8

Is there a events module that can manage events split over weekends. What i mean is that if the event has 4 days, the first two days are on this saturday and sunday and the next two days in the next weeks saturday and sunday. If yes kindly let me know. If know then does someone know of any php script that can do this, which i can integrate with XOOPS or may be use it as a iframe within xoops. The module or script should have the categories option.
Kindly help.

nmshah
Re: Events module to manage events split over weekends
  • 2009/4/4 6:41

• nmshah

• Just can't stay away

Kindly help. If XOOPS does not have such module, then kindly let me know of any other event script that you may be aware of which can do something like this.

Mamba
  • 2009/4/4 6:46

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

What do you mean by "manage event"?

piCal is a calendar that could show an event over two weekends, but "showing" might not be "managing" for you.
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

tzvook
  • 2009/4/4 7:49

• tzvook

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/2/1 2

The new version of EXTcal is also capable to manage recuring events (ie: recure each weekend of the second week in a month and so on ... )

EXTcal is highly recommended for it's simplicity, yet it's powerful abilities ...

nmshah
  • 2009/4/4 10:41

• nmshah

• Just can't stay away

Ok, sorry may be i have not been clear, i ll try again

Both piCal and extcal have an option of start date and end date. The event continues for the period between the start date and the end date. So if i have an event that starts on 9th april 2009 and ends on 13th april 2009 then both pical and extcal work as required as you can mention the start date as 9th and end date as 13th.
The problem comes when the event is at times broken into two parts the first two days on 9th and 10th april 2009 and the rest three days on 16th, 17th and 18th april 2009. Now the stat date in 9th and the end date is 18th. So it seems that the event continues on all days from 9th to 18th april.

I hope I have been able to state the problem clearly. So basically rather then having a end date option, i need an option where i can just write the dates of the workshops. Which i think should solve my problem.

nmshah
  • 2009/4/5 7:00

• nmshah

• Just can't stay away

Well after playing around a bit with pical, i think i can make it work if there can be a way to add an extra field in the pical and show it in the event details page.
Does anyone know how to add an extra field in pical?

Login

Who's Online

231 user(s) are online (149 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 231

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits