devilock76
Re: User.php blank screen, debug mode reveals NO errors
  • 2009/3/29 20:40

• devilock76

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/7/1 2

Quote:

flipse wrote:
Did you allready try to reĆ¼pload the core files or check them? Recently I had some similar errors like you have and they where due to upload errors, two xoops_version.php files where sized 0, reuploading them fixed my problem.

TO tell the truth I honestly haven't checked as I did not "upload" the files. I uploaded the tgz to my home directory on the server, did a tar -xzf and the \cp -Rv to copy them over the existing htdocs in the web directory. So there really was no chance of ftp errors and if something happened to the tgz I would have gotten an error on that. Let me go find the checksum script for XOOPS and see what I find.

Ken

devilock76
  • 2009/3/29 20:52

• devilock76

• Just popping in

ok I ran the chksum

first two lines said header.php and user.php had invalid content

well I know header is fine, or things would be blowing up everywhere, I modded it for that stats module.

As for user.php I had modded it in one attempt to fix it so I recopied it, got it to dissappear from the checksum but still no profile viewing.

All the other errors were looking for install/ themes/default or zeteagen and xoops_data/ and xoops_lib/

the first I had removed already, in an upgrade you do not copy the themes into the current site and the protected directories I have moved out of my document root and renamed, so all of those showing in the checksum makes perfect sense.

At this point I am disinclined to think there was a bad copy. I am leaning towards a module incompatability but I need all of those, not sure what to do.

Ken

trabis
  • 2009/3/30 1:50

• trabis

• Core Developer

• Since: 2006/9/1 1

There is a bug in XOOPS which makes it use system templates cache. Maybe now, after doing that change, you need to clear your templates from cache folder. Also,copy the default theme and use it. You may have some problem in theme you are using.

devilock76
  • 2009/3/30 4:59

• devilock76

• Just popping in

Quote:

trabis wrote:
There is a bug in XOOPS which makes it use system templates cache. Maybe now, after doing that change, you need to clear your templates from cache folder. Also,copy the default theme and use it. You may have some problem in theme you are using.

Not sure which change you are referring to but after reading your post but on my test site I did clear out cache/ and templates_c/ to no avail. I also copied in the new default and zetagenesis themes from the 2.3.3 install and still the profile is blank, well the statistics error but disabling the statistics module does nothing and like I have said it did not work before the statistics module is installed.

Since now I have copied this to test I am willing to give just about anything a try. I mean I could disable all of the modules I got installed and see where that gets me?

I would rather not go that far if I don't have to.

Ken

devilock76
  • 2009/3/30 14:41

• devilock76

• Just popping in

Additional information:

I have found that clicking on a newer user in the Who's Online block actually works?

Yes trying to access my own profile, as admin or otherwise, or existing users who are a bit older does not work. And honestly the user account I was able to try this on wasn't that new. The same links are being used.

I am wondering if maybe there was a data conversion problem going to Profile 1.51.

The version of XOOPS I upgraded from to 2.3.3 was 2.0.15 and the site started on XOOPS at version 2.0.13

Ken

devilock76
  • 2009/3/31 15:44

• devilock76

• Just popping in

OK here is what I have so far.

As an admin, I cannot see my own profile, viewing permissions are for the most part wide open.

Some users I can see some I can't.

Here is what I think, there was a problem when I started, I did not upgrade profile first, before I started messing around. That much I have figured out. I also did not have security set up right for the profile. However that is corrected now, so I think somewhere in the system it is locking the cache of the problem profiles. But where, I have cleared out the following trying to fix this.

xoops_data/caches/xoops_cache
xoops_data/caches/smarty_cache
xoops_data/caches/smarty_compile

cache/
templates_c/

That being said there are some profiles I have tried that I know I never looked at and don't work.

Many do, many don't. I can find no rhyme or reason for it.

Look I got a test account area, my gut tells me this is a system configuration based problem. I can give you just about any access you need if you can take a look at this, but I am really stuck. The DB looks fine, the code looks fine.

Any takers, please I am stuck!

Ken

trabis
  • 2009/3/31 18:09

• trabis

• Core Developer

I take it.

devilock76
  • 2009/3/31 20:51

• devilock76

• Just popping in

Quote:

trabis wrote:
I take it.

Sorry just saw this, PM'ing you the info now.

Ken

garsar
  • 2009/4/1 7:09

• garsar

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/12/28

after upgrading & reinstalling XOOPS 2.3
i have some problems
1* module Pical - Warning: MyTextSanitizer::makeTboxData4Show is deprecated in file /class/module.textsanitizer.php line 665
2* blank page in userinfo.php
3* blank page in modules/news

trabis
  • 2009/4/1 12:46

• trabis

• Core Developer

Problem was piCal, It was breaking search.php and profile module when 'show user last activities' was enable.

I disable the module and it is working fine. I also notice you install piCal very recently, did you have piCal installed when you upgraded your site?

Login

Who's Online

170 user(s) are online (112 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 170

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits