devilock76
User.php blank screen, debug mode reveals NO errors
  • 2009/3/29 1:26

• devilock76

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/7/1 2

I just upgraded from 2.0.15 to 2.3.3
my userinfo.php even as admin is blank, debug mode shows no errors.

not sure where to go from here, please help.

Ken

devilock76
Re: User.php blank screen, debug mode reveals NO errors
  • 2009/3/29 15:58

• devilock76

• Just popping in

Sorry to bump so soon but I need help. user.php and userinfo.php are blank with NO errors. Edit User works but not view user. With no errors and no past posts that I can find dealing with a no error blank page here I am stuck. Looking to bring the site back up today, please advise.

Ken

maxxy
  • 2009/3/29 16:13

• maxxy

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2007/6/11

what modules are currently installed in your site ?

there is a possibility uncompatible modules for XOOPS 2.3 might cause the blank page..

trabis
  • 2009/3/29 16:23

• trabis

• Core Developer

• Since: 2006/9/1 1

This blank page is only when seeing webmaster profile or any profile?

Are you using English language or another?

Blank pages with no errors are often due to php coding errors prior the module execution. This errors are often in xoops_version.php files and/or modinfo.php/main.php files that are loaded in include/common.php

You can also have a problem in core files due to corrupted upload.

devilock76
  • 2009/3/29 16:36

• devilock76

• Just popping in

Quote:

maxxy wrote:
what modules are currently installed in your site ?

there is a possibility uncompatible modules for XOOPS 2.3 might cause the blank page..

In no particular order (these are all active, I have a few inactive ones as well):

System - Upgraded
Profile - Upgraded
Priv Msg - Upgraded
Protector - Upgraded

News
NewBB/CBB 3
catads
piCal
*Liaise
addresses
xoops faq
myreviews
*statistics

The two I starred have been installed recently and the fact is the profile was not working before I installed them.

Since seeing module incompatibility issues posted here I did deactivate the following:

xoopspoll
phpMyAdmin
Net2FTP
randomquote
downloads

I also have several that are in the modules directory but not installed:

sections
partners
links
xoopsmembers
xoopsheadline

That about covers it. Other information, I noticed here on Xoops.org the user.php file redirects to modules/profile/user.php, mine redirected to userinfo.php under the site root, I changed that in the code and that still did not resolve the issue. I have also tried navigating to modules/profile and that also produces a blank page with no errors.

Oh and in case it is relevant:
XOOPS Version - XOOPS 2.3.3
PHP Version - 5.2.9
MySQL Version - 5.0.77-log
Server API Version - apache2handler
OS Version - Linux (CentOS 5)

safe_mode - Off
register_globals - Off
magic_quotes_gpc - Off
allow_url_fopen - On
fsockopen - On
allow_call_time_pass_reference - Off
post_max_size - 8M
max_input_time - 60
output_buffering - 4096
max_execution_time - 30
memory_limit - 32M
file_uploads - On
upload_max_filesize - 2M

And the machine I am connecting on is an Aspire One running Foresight Linux and Firefox 3.0.3

Ken

devilock76
  • 2009/3/29 17:03

• devilock76

• Just popping in

Quote:

trabis wrote:
This blank page is only when seeing webmaster profile or any profile?

Are you using English language or another?

Blank pages with no errors are often due to php coding errors prior the module execution. This errors are often in xoops_version.php files and/or modinfo.php/main.php files that are loaded in include/common.php

You can also have a problem in core files due to corrupted upload.

OK well here is something interesting, as admin I cannot see the admin profile. Then when I try to see another user, blank page that tries to redirect to the legacy site. See here is the thing, the new site is not being pointed to by the DNS, yet, so I am testing by connecting to the IP address directly. The DNS for now points to the legacy site which is closed and of course is 2.0.15 so it does not have a modules/profile out there.

That being said I might have to wait to solve this for when I change the DNS. Maybe that in itself will solve it. On a side note in the mainfile I do have the XOOPS url as the ip address on the new site.

Honestly I can go live with it being a little flakey, but I can't leave it like that long.

Oh and as to the other question, English yes.

Ken

devilock76
  • 2009/3/29 18:04

• devilock76

• Just popping in

I do have some general errors that now show, these show on my home page:

Errors
Notice: Undefined index: query in file /modules/statistics/include/hitcounter.php line 64
Notice: Undefined index: fragment in file /modules/statistics/include/hitcounter.php line 68
Notice: Undefined offset: 14 in file /modules/news/blocks/news_top.php line 345
Notice: Undefined variable: showselfrefer in file /modules/statistics/blocks/referaccum.php line 54
Warning: MyTextSanitizer::makeTboxData4Show is deprecated in file /class/module.textsanitizer.php line 665
Warning: MyTextSanitizer::makeTboxData4Show is deprecated in file /class/module.textsanitizer.php line 665

And these three show on the profile page:

Errors
Notice: Undefined index: query in file /modules/statistics/include/hitcounter.php line 64
Notice: Undefined index: fragment in file /modules/statistics/include/hitcounter.php line 68
Notice: Undefined variable: showselfrefer in file /modules/statistics/blocks/referaccum.php line 54

The only change is the statistics module required an edit to header.php

Incidentally not overly enthused with this statistics module and if it is a problem I can lose it. Although I like integrated stats. Any recommendations on XOOPS statistics modules?

Ken

Mamba
  • 2009/3/29 19:02

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Just deinstall the Statistic module and see if this helps.
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

devilock76
  • 2009/3/29 19:28

• devilock76

• Just popping in

Quote:

Mamba wrote:
Just deinstall the Statistic module and see if this helps.

I think I mentioned that it didn't work before that module was installed, but if not sorry. However I tried it and with it uninstalled and the hook in header.php commented out still a no go, I just get a page of those text sanitizer messages like I get on a lot of pages.

Ken

Anonymous
  • 2009/3/29 19:40

• Anonymous

• Since:

Did you allready try to reĆ¼pload the core files or check them? Recently I had some similar errors like you have and they where due to upload errors, two xoops_version.php files where sized 0, reuploading them fixed my problem.

Login

Who's Online

184 user(s) are online (107 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 184

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits