psboy72
User Profile- How to remove send message
  • 2009/3/24 7:02

• psboy72

• Just popping in

• Since: 2009/2/22

Xoops 2.3.2b
User Profile

How can i remove the link of "Send message" from the modul at "Users profile", when a user checks other users profile (the mail address are unvisible)?
I dont want to send anyone mails directly to others.
Because i want new users to register, but i dont want them to get in contact directly by themselves.

Thx in advance

Anonymous
Re: User Profile- How to remove send message
  • 2009/3/24 10:05

• Anonymous

• Since:

Quote:
psboy72 wrote:
How can i remove the link of "Send message" from the modul at "Users profile", when a user checks other users profile (the mail address are unvisible)?
I dont want to send anyone mails directly to others.
Because i want new users to register, but i dont want them to get in contact directly by themselves.

If you don't want your users to be able to send Private Messages to each other (which is what the "Send Message" button does) then you will need to do more than just remove the "Send Message" button from the user-profile.

The Inbox/PM system is a core function accessible via the user-menu once a user is registered and logged in. You will need to either:

1. Completely disable the PM functionality by hacking the core
2. Disable the User Menu (which will also remove links to other things, e.g. profile editing)
3. Remove the "Send Message" button from the profile and remove the "Inbox" link from the User Menu and rename/remove the file "viewpmsg.php" from your xoops_root folder

HTH

Login

Who's Online

158 user(s) are online (113 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 158

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits