billm75
Installed Yogurt, it works but...
  • 2009/2/9 2:30

• billm75

• Just popping in

• Since: 2009/2/8 1

When I click on the Social Network button it takes me directly to my profile in Yogurt. This is fine for ME, but even when I enter the site as a guest, it brings up my profile by default.

I'd like to have a list of the most recently added members show up when you click there, rather than to be taken directly to the first profile in the list. It's confusing to me, and I can only imagine what it will do to my visitors. The site is very basic, I'm trying to learn as I go here, and this is my first experience with Xoops. In fact, all that is installed beyond the core, is Private Messaging V1, Protector V3.2 and Social Network(yogurt)V3.3

Any work arounds for this problem? I tried one solution I found in a much larger Yogurt thread and it simply doesn't work.

I'd like to have it display like it does here:http://dagpacollege.com/home/modules/dagpaprofiles/index.php?letter=All&sortby=uid

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks so much

noo-b
Re: Installed Yogurt, it works but...
  • 2009/2/9 7:07

• noo-b

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2007/10/23

i don't know if this works but did you try this ?

https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?post_id=292969#forumpost292969

Quote:

I'd like to have it display like it does here:http://dagpacollege.com/home/modules/ ... php?letter=All&sortby=uid

download membership module and then activate it as a startup module in preferences

http://xuups.googlecode.com/files/XOOPS2_mod_membership_2.3_trabis.zip
I Love Xoops

billm75
  • 2009/2/9 7:21

• billm75

• Just popping in

thank you for the advice. I will try that module as soon as I get the time today.

As far as the info you linked me to, I did try all that and it seemed to me as if nothing changed, no matter what code I changed in those files. It was really weird, but I will try again with a clear head.

I'm a brand new to xoops, so I'm sure if anything, it's a user error on my part.

Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated though!

billm75
  • 2009/2/9 14:59

• billm75

• Just popping in

just an update, the membership module seems to do the trick, now I just have to figure out how to have the profiles displayed from Yogurt become the default profile for the site and users. I'll try the code you linked me to later today and let you know how it worked out for me.

THanks again for such a quick reply!

billm75
  • 2009/2/10 21:30

• billm75

• Just popping in

Everything you mentioned worked great. I would like to display just the user avatar though, not the entire Profile table with Email/PM/etc listed. Any ideas?

sarahmx
  • 2009/2/10 22:23

• sarahmx

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2007/10/28

Quote:
I just have to figure out how to have the profiles displayed from Yogurt become the default profile for the site and users

Hack to make the yogurt userpage as the main userpage of your site:

Open modules/profile/userinfo.php in the root of your site, search at the very beggining of
the file for
$uid intval($_GET['uid']);
if (
$uid <= 0) {
redirect_header('index.php'3_US_SELECTNG);
exit();
}

Add after this the following lines:
header("Location:".XOOPS_URL."/modules/yogurt/index.php?uid=".$uid);
exit();

Quote:

Everything you mentioned worked great. I would like to display just the user avatar though, not the entire Profile table with Email/PM/etc listed. Any ideas?

edit modules/yogurt/templates/yogurt_index.html

[/quote]
after making any modification, you will have to clear the cache for change to take effect:
Quote:

for XOOPS versions 2.0.XX: delete all files EXCEPT index.html in templates_c folder

for XOOPS versions 2.3.XX: delete all files EXCEPT index.html in xoops_data\caches\smarty_compile folder

take a look this thread

https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?post_id=302433#forumpost302433

if you are interested to integrate XOOPS profile and yogurt...

billm75
  • 2009/2/11 19:46

• billm75

• Just popping in

Thanks again, the only thing I'm unclear on is what to edit in the yogurt_index.html to prevent the display of info beyond username and avatar when searching members?

You can view how it is now on my (still very much in progress) site: www.horizonathletes.com and just click on the member athletes link.

It displays a table of info with avatar, nickname, joined date, etc going across in a row.

I just want to dumb that down to the avatar and nickname, so the search results fit 3 - 4 across in rows.

Login

Who's Online

109 user(s) are online (53 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 109

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits