johnjmk
newbie question - make xoops home page
  • 2009/1/30 10:58

• johnjmk

• Just popping in

• Since: 2009/1/21

I am new to XOOPS and my knowledge of PHP is VERY limited. I currently own a website hosted by godaddy.com and I want my XOOPS site to be the home page. Here's the problem: my XOOPS website is currently in a folder called XOOPS (aslclub.net/xoops/ is the only way to access it) and I don't know how to make it my homepage when I go to aslclub.net. I tried moving all the XOOPS files to the main root folder but I get a bunch of errors. Do you know how I could fix this? I am using godaddy as my host which installs the program for me, so if you can tell me how I can connect a new XOOPS installation with the existing database (godaddy has an option of installing XOOPS in the root folder but it creates a new MySQL database each time I download it) that would help too. Here's the error messages by the way. Thanks a lot in advance!
-John

Warning: main(/home/content/a/s/l/aslclub/html/xoops/include/common.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/a/s/l/aslclub/html/mainfile.php on line 97

Warning: main(/home/content/a/s/l/aslclub/html/xoops/include/common.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/a/s/l/aslclub/html/mainfile.php on line 97

Warning: main() [function.include]: Failed opening '/home/content/a/s/l/aslclub/html/xoops/include/common.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/content/a/s/l/aslclub/html/mainfile.php on line 97

Warning: main(/home/content/a/s/l/aslclub/html/xoops/class/xoopsblock.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/a/s/l/aslclub/html/header.php on line 30

Warning: main() [function.include]: Failed opening '/home/content/a/s/l/aslclub/html/xoops/class/xoopsblock.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/content/a/s/l/aslclub/html/header.php on line 30

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/content/a/s/l/aslclub/html/header.php on line 36
-John

stefan88
Re: newbie question - make xoops home page
  • 2009/1/30 12:30

• stefan88

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2004/9/20

Hi,

you will need to make some changes in mainfile.php to reflect the new location. Check this FAQ:

https://xoops.org/modules/smartfaq/faq.php?faqid=150

and this FAQ:

https://xoops.org/modules/smartfaq/faq.php?faqid=193

Do not forget to clean the cache and template cache depending on your XOOPS version too.

Login

Who's Online

236 user(s) are online (152 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 236

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits