GPboarder
Attach pdf file to post in CBB 3.08
  • 2009/1/29 16:55

• GPboarder

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2006/10/6

I have found that CBB 3.08 is not liking .pdf documents. It appears to upload properly but on download there are errors and the file will not open.

The same file uploaded to WFDownloads works just fine going up and down.

I have .pdf listed as an acceptable file type.

I have been unable to remember/locate where the limitation on file size is set but I am under that indicated limit of 2MB anyway.
Optimism is the mother of disappointment.

Anonymous
Re: Attach pdf file to post in CBB 3.08
  • 2009/1/29 19:41

• Anonymous

• Since:

Quote:
GPboarder wrote:

I have .pdf listed as an acceptable file type.

You have to set this for every Forum that you want to be able to upload .pdf files. I'm assuming that you've done this by clicking on the "Edit" icon in Admin>Forums, yes?

Likewise, you have to set the max upload size (kb) by editing the settings for each Forum in Admin>Forums.

When you visit the Forums Admin Index, does ot say that "Path for attachment storing" is available?

GPboarder
  • 2009/1/29 20:50

• GPboarder

• Friend of XOOPS

Thanks JAVesey.

Yes.
Here is what shows when submitting a new post:

Maxium file size: 21000K; Allowed extensions: zip gif jpg doc wpd ppt pdf pps rar mpeg mpg mp3 mp4.

It does indicate that the path for storing the attachment is available. It seems to upload just fine and is visible with the posting as you would expect.

When I download the file, there is a problem and it will not open. Adobe Acrobat indicates that the file is damaged and cannot be repaired.

GPboarder
  • 2009/1/30 19:16

• GPboarder

• Friend of XOOPS

So another lesson for the newbie. I went to a different computer that uses Acrobat Reader in stead of the full Acrobat Professional and what do you know, it works just fine.

So it appears that the issue is local to my machine. Sorry for any concern or inconvenience caused.

Login

Who's Online

149 user(s) are online (71 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 149

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits