• robin_hood

• Just popping in

• Since: 2008/12/6

Hello for me, Laisie module shows similar form elements, for example:

Your comments:
Your comments:
Your comments:

instead of:
(i created this form in the admin, but in the front site it shows what i stated above)

Name:
email:
Your comments:

Xoops version 2.3.2b

Anonymous
Re: Liaise Form elements (!?)
  • 2008/12/16 22:55

• Anonymous

• Since:

What version of Liaise are you using?

Not all work okay. I use v1.26 from Brandycoke with XOOPS 2.3.2b. There's a warning in admin about it might not work but you can ignore this (or search on here for the minor code change to footer.php which will get rid of it).

robin_hood
  • 2008/12/17 19:48

• robin_hood

• Just popping in

• Since: 2008/12/6

Laisie 1.4 Formulize_3.0_RC1 module works, it is the same as Laisie.

jegelstaff

Hello, I am sorry to hear you have found a problem.

Can anyone show me some documentation about changes between XOOPS 2.0.x and 2.3.x? If so, it would be easier to see what the problem might be. I thought 2.3.x was supposed to be backwards compatible, but it doesn't seem like it is.

--Julian
Technical Architect - Freeform Solutions
Formulize - custom registration forms, ad hoc forms and reports

trabis
  • 2009/1/13 22:43

• trabis

• Core Developer

• Since: 2006/9/1 1

jegelstaff, the problem is that some users are trying to use liaise for 2.2.x in 2.3.x when they should be using liaise for 2.0.x in 2.3.x

And the check for XOOPS version in liaise is not correctly done. It is assuming that 2.3 is not backwards compatible !

Anonymous
  • 2009/1/13 23:03

• Anonymous

• Since:

Quote:
trabis wrote:

the problem is that some users are trying to use liaise for 2.2.x in 2.3.x when they should be using liaise for 2.0.x in 2.3.x

This is correct.

The only problem I had with Liaise 1.26 (see link in earlier post) was a purely cosmetic one with regard to a warning message in admin saying that the module may not work properly (which it did). A minor code change to footer.php causes the warning message to disappear.

I've tested Liaise 1.26 thoroughly with XOOPS 2.3.x and the module works perfectly.

jegelstaff

Okay, that's good. From an earlier post, it looked like there was a problem rendering elements in XOOPS 2.3, as if the form classes had changed somehow. Thanks for the update.

--Julian
Technical Architect - Freeform Solutions
Formulize - custom registration forms, ad hoc forms and reports

hackbrill
  • 2009/1/15 21:45

• hackbrill

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/7/14

Quote:

jegelstaff wrote:
Hello, I am sorry to hear you have found a problem.

Can anyone show me some documentation about changes between XOOPS 2.0.x and 2.3.x? If so, it would be easier to see what the problem might be. I thought 2.3.x was supposed to be backwards compatible, but it doesn't seem like it is.

--Julian

Could someone show him the changes to XOOPS 2.3 for his formulize module? I installed it but there were so many warnings and errors that I didn't think it was functioning properly. Of course, I don't really know the module that well to be able to determine its viability with 2.3 with certainty.

erzon
  • 2009/2/1 11:17

• erzon

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2005/1/1 3

its working as a module but when you try to submit the message via email its not working and its not sending

Anonymous
  • 2009/2/1 12:37

• Anonymous

• Since:

Quote:
erzon wrote:

its working as a module but when you try to submit the message via email its not working and its not sending

This isn't a problem to do with the module. Like I said, Liaise 1.26 works perfectly with XOOPS 2.3.x and I regularly get mail via my Liaise 1.26 contact form.

If you are not getting emails this will either be an issue with with your server/mail set up or something completely unrelated like spam filtering on your email account. Do you get automatic emails for other things, e.g. notifications?

For the record, I'm set up in preferences>system>mail setup to use "PHP mail()" as the mail delivery method.

Login

Who's Online

212 user(s) are online (134 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 212

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits