nmshah
Changing visibility of some options in modules
  • 2008/12/20 14:06

• nmshah

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2007/7/2 8

I wish to hide some of the options available in the admin side of some modules. This means the options are there and work as they should but are not visible in the frontend. Something like making a div invisible by using html tag

I wish to do the same with some php code. for example in smartsection module there are options available in the admin side for very article like meta keywords, meta description, tag and so on.
All these functions do not effect the article from being published if left empty.
So is there a way to hide them from being visible. I can find the codes in the different modules that display the options that i wish to hide but am not sure of how to make these options invisible as they are generated by using php code.

Another example being the options available like:
Enable smiley, xoopscode, line break and so on
while creating a new post in cbb and other modules. I wish to hide them from people writing a post so that they do not change the default selection

TO cut the story short is there a way to hide some text generated by php the way we can hide the test generated by html using the css property "display:none"

Pls help

trabis
Re: Changing visibility of some options in modules
  • 2008/12/20 14:32

• trabis

• Core Developer

• Since: 2006/9/1 1

Using javascript/css. Look in yogurt module for good examples.

To change via php you must edit the form and pass values as hidden.

Login

Who's Online

352 user(s) are online (47 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 352

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits