sockmonkey
Auto-Email Issue
  • 2008/12/17 19:39

• sockmonkey

• Just popping in

• Since: 2008/6/4 1

I looked around and didn't see any other posts about this, so here it goes.

Let me start with a compliment. I've been a XOOPS fan for the last couple years and the recent changes with the 2.3x path have been great. Kudos to all of the hard work that has gone into it!

Now on to my problem. I've gotten many complaints recently from users of the sites I host that they aren't receiving email from the sites. At first I dismissed these occurrences as anomalies, but eventually I received enough complaints that I had to check into it.

Sure enough, no mail is getting through. I've tried sending mail to a few different users, myself included, with no success. I've enabled several notifications but I receive nothing.

I would think it was an issue with my server were it not for one exception: in a module I created a few months back I hard-coded the php 'mail()' function instead of using the XoopsMailer class (I don't know why; I must have been in a hurry) and I'm still getting mail from that particular module.

Looking back through my email it looks like the last message I received was September 17th, 2008 - shortly before the release of 2.3.0.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? Is there a fix for it? Any and all help is very much appreciated.

Here's my system info if it helps:

XOOPS Version - XOOPS 2.3.2b
PHP Version - 5.2.8
MySQL Version - 5.0.51a-community
OS Version - Linux

Login

Who's Online

184 user(s) are online (126 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 184

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits