Knuxchan
Folder transfers
  • 2008/12/17 17:07

• Knuxchan

• Just popping in

• Since: 2008/12/10

Hi, I'm new to XOOPS and have been playing around with it on my site for a bit. Currently my XOOPS stuff is in a sub-directory away from the main parts of my website until I get things fully-up and running. Once I get my XOOPS site finished, is it possible to transfer the folder to the main part of my website without messing up anything? For example:

Currently, my XOOPS stuff is in:
http://www.website.com/testPrograms/newWebsite/xoopsStuff/

When I'm finished designing my site, is it possible to move my XOOPS folder to the main directory so when you type in www.website.com the new XOOPS website comes up?

Will things get messed up (ie: modules not working correctly if the directories are moved) if I do this?

I hope this makes sense... Thanks.

Anonymous
Re: Folder transfers
  • 2008/12/17 17:14

• Anonymous

• Since:

Will not be a problem. Next to transferring the files you have to edit mainfile.php in the root folder. Changing the path statements should do the trick.

I don't know if you used Iframes or placed pictures or flash the manual way in content. In this case fixing some urls will be nescessary.

webmystar
  • 2008/12/17 17:15

• webmystar

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2008/6/23

you change your XOOPS_URL and XOOPS_ROOT_PATH in your mainfile.php and everything works fine.

Knuxchan
  • 2008/12/17 17:56

• Knuxchan

• Just popping in

• Since: 2008/12/10

Thanks a bunch!

Login

Who's Online

183 user(s) are online (119 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 183

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits