Mamba
New Members of the Documentation Team
  • 2008/11/28 18:35

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

We are happy that GPboarder is joining our Documentation Team.

We need more members, so if you're reading this post and would like to join, please contact me!!!
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

Anonymous
Re: New Members of the Documentation Team
  • 2008/12/16 21:34

• Anonymous

• Since:

Welcome GPborder to documentation team

What is your new task ?

voltan
  • 2008/12/16 23:11

• voltan

• Theme Designer

• Since: 2006/12/5

hi
I can write documents . but my language is Persian and I can,t write docs in english

redheadedrod

I would be willing to help write documentation. This would help me learn some of the in and outs of XOOPS before moving on to other functions..

Who, what, where and when?

I can only speak english.
Attending College working towards Bachelors in Software Engineering and Network Security.

Mamba
  • 2009/2/3 17:46

• Mamba

Fantastic!

I'll add you to the Documentation Mailing List.

Pick a topic/module that you would like to document, and I can tell you if there is anything already written, and we'll go from there.
Support XOOPS => DONATE

redheadedrod

I notice there is nothing written on programming for Permissions in the developer wiki for making modules. The documentation I will likely be looking to write will end up being mostly for developing modules and such for now as I get to know them. And how do we go about doing so? Do we write a draft and someone looks it over for accuracy and we go from there?

Rodney
Attending College working towards Bachelors in Software Engineering and Network Security.

GPboarder
  • 2009/3/2 20:47

• GPboarder

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2006/10/6

You bring up a good point. Maybe we need to determine what the process will be so that nobody is left wondering what the next step is.

I did some work on the installation guide and uploaded it to the Google Group site but haven't heard any feedback on whether this is the right path.

I can provide feedback and editing suggestions on documentation in English. My technical skills are limited, so that is not a bad thing when the documentation is intended for beginners as well as advanced users.

I think the first thing is to know where these documents are going to be stored.

Do we edit a version and save it or upload a new version?
Optimism is the mother of disappointment.

Mamba
  • 2009/3/2 21:11

• Mamba

Rodney:
Quote:
Do we write a draft and someone looks it over for accuracy and we go from there?

Yes, that's the best way. You can publish it to the Documentation Team first to get a preliminary feedback, or you can provide a link here for general feedback right away.

GPboarder:
Quote:
I did some work on the installation guide and uploaded it to the Google Group site but haven't heard any feedback on whether this is the right path.

I have to admit it that somehow I've missed it. Sorry for that. Next time, just send another email reminder to everybody on the Documentation Team if you don't hear anything in a week, then publish a link here for people to review it.

The last thing that we want here is some kind of bureaucracy

Thank you guys for doing it!
Support XOOPS => DONATE

GPboarder
  • 2009/3/3 15:04

• GPboarder

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2006/10/6

No worries. I know this isn't a full time job for anyone.

Here is the link to the work I did.

I invite anyone to review what I have done so far and give some feedback. If this is a good path, I'll continue through the rest of the Installation Guide.
Optimism is the mother of disappointment.

Login

Who's Online

178 user(s) are online (100 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 178

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits