verdult
Backend admin panel doesn't work
  • 2008/12/8 19:31

• verdult

• Just popping in

• Since: 2008/11/29

I moved my XOOPS site from one host to another and everything went well, I see mainfile.php correct, corrected the folder permissions, and all my modules works.

But now the problem, I can login at the fronted of the website, but when I click on admin menu I don't see any of the links (system ect.) see image below, someone know what to do?

http://img168.imageshack.us/my.php?image=xoopspw8.jpg

trabis
Re: Backend admin panel doesn't work
  • 2008/12/8 19:34

• trabis

• Core Developer

• Since: 2006/9/1 1

Check write permissions on folder like cache, etc.

Mamba
  • 2008/12/8 20:05

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

My experience is the same as Trabis' - every time when there was a problem, the /cache directory or some of the subdirectories there was not set to 777
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

verdult
  • 2008/12/8 20:20

• verdult

• Just popping in

Mamba & Trabis all the folders /cache/ /templates_c/ and /uploads/ are permission 777

trabis
  • 2008/12/8 20:39

• trabis

• Core Developer

• Since: 2006/9/1 1

But you are using XOOPS 2.3.x
Have you check xoops_data/....
This folder and subfolders must have write permissions to.
After the check update your system module.
http://yoursite.com/modules/system/admin.php?fct=modulesadmin&op=update&module=system

Mamba
  • 2008/12/8 20:42

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

As Trabis said, did you check /xoops_data folders/subfolders?

The only other possibility is that there is a conflict between Protector versions.

Did you have Protector installed before? If yes, did you follow the instructions before upgrading?

Do you have any module that is depending on Altsys? On few occasions that was causing a problem as well, so you might update it as well, making sure that the parts of those modules that should be in "XOOPS_TRUST_PATH" are located in /xoops_lib and that the entry in the mainfile.php for "XOOPS_TRUST_PATH" is pointing to that location, e.g.

Quote:

// Physical path to the XOOPS documents (served) directory WITHOUT trailing slash
define( 'XOOPS_ROOT_PATH', '/home/www/xoops' );
// Physical path to the XOOPS library directory WITHOUT trailing slash
define( 'XOOPS_PATH', '/home/xoops_lib' );
// Physical path to the XOOPS datafiles (writable) directory WITHOUT trailing slash
define( 'XOOPS_VAR_PATH', '/home/xoops_data' );
// Alias of XOOPS_PATH, for compatibility, temporary solution
define("XOOPS_TRUST_PATH", XOOPS_PATH);

Please note that for security reasons, the /xoops_lib and /xoops_data are located outside of the main XOOPS directory.
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

verdult
  • 2008/12/8 20:56

• verdult

• Just popping in

It still won't work for me, I installed the latest version as a clean install and I still can't see the menu. I will move the website to a other host so I can test if this bug is gone. I will let it know over here.

Anonymous
  • 2008/12/8 23:00

• Anonymous

• Since:

Seems to me that this is a "config issue" rather than a "xoops issue" otherwise we'd be inunndated here.

Download a copy of your mainfile.php file and make sure that the path to your xoops_data (or whatever you called it) folder is where you expect it to be.

Also, clear all the of the temp files in your xoop_data/caches/smarty_compile folder (leave index.html there).

Also, make sure that all of the xoops_data, xoops_data/caches and all sub-folders thereof are writable

Do you have a xoops_var_path defined? It should be the path to your xoops_data folder.

Are all your xoops_trust_path files (e.g. for the protector module) now in the folder defined as xoops_lib?

Check all these things!

verdult
  • 2008/12/9 17:25

• verdult

• Just popping in

@ JAVesey yes I also think so, I moved it to another host and now everything works perfectly. I will found it out sometime. Thanks for all your help guys (Y)

Login

Who's Online

149 user(s) are online (119 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 149

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits