vietnam
Re: CBB4 RC for Xoops 2.3x Testing Reviews
  • 2008/11/3 9:50

• vietnam

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/5/25

Quote:

organix wrote:
Due upgrade process I got an error that he misses a table with the name bb_type_tmp.
After upgrade process (CBB 3.08 previously) my bb_posts, bb_posts_text, bb_topics tables were empty, all forum content was gone.

I tried it a second time with the same results.
After modul upgrade all forum postings were deleted and the tables are empty.
Xoops Version is 2.3.1.

Re: problem in newbb after upgrade to XOOPS 2.3.1
https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?post_id=299202#forumpost299202
Reference

I tried it a second time with the same results.
After modul upgrade all forum postings were deleted and the tables are empty.
Xoops Version is 2.3.1.
[size=x-large]me too [/size]
Troubled

karasu
  • 2008/11/9 18:59

• karasu

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/6/26

I found another bug about permission i can set the permission table but the user doesn't get the permission for the ex: i set user can edit own post but the user can not edit their post, and it happen with the attach signature too.

It's look like the user that have the module rights only can use the right permission table.

xgarb
  • 2008/11/12 16:20

• xgarb

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/3/30

fresh install:

XOOPS Version: XOOPS 2.3.1
PHP Version: 5.2.5
MySQL Version: 4.1.22-standard
Server API Version: apache2handler
OS Version: Linux

- Module update : Warning: The linked table is not set for 'newbbcategoryhandler' yet. in file /class/model/sync.php line 64

which I think is something to do with a table name not being passed to a clean up function.

New categories aren't shown in admin or public side. The sql appears to not be given the full list of forums to show..
Quote:

SELECT `forum_id` FROM `xxxx_bb_forums` WHERE (parent_forum = '0' AND cat_id IN (1) AND forum_id IN (1))

I would have through that 'IN(1)' should be IN '(1,2,3)' for this to function. I looked at the permissions section and group_permissions table and these seem ok.

cpksmithies
  • 2008/11/20 23:54

• cpksmithies

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/12/7

After install, thanks to ALTER TABLE bb_posts statement in sql/mysql.400.sql, Table bb_posts has had field poster_ip int(11) converted to name poster_ipd varchar(15). But all I can find in the rest of the source refers to field poster_ip, no reference to poster_ipd. Post queries therefore fail with unrecognized field name. This change was checked in SVN rev. 2172 on 23 September 2008. I would class this as a serious error!

GPboarder
  • 2008/11/25 17:04

• GPboarder

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2006/10/6

Any news on this front?

Optimism is the mother of disappointment.

iHackCode

New Install on WAMP
XOOPS Version - XOOPS 2.3.2a
PHP Version - 5.2.5
MySQL Version - 5.0.45
Modules Installed System
Module CBB4 RC

During Install A Notice Appears
'Notice: Data entry is not inserted - the object 'Topic' is not dirty in file /class/model/write.php line 180'

admin_cat_manager.php (Categories Tab) i'm having an issue with the cache on the cache file 'xoops_newbb_permission_category_all.php'. it is not being updated. (maybe i'm too impatient. )

Forums Tab: clicking on the 'permissions' tab updates the list for the 'forums' tab, other wise the list is not being updated. (maybe i'm impatient again)

order tab looks good.

reports tab untested
digest tab untested
votes tab untested
topic types tab untested
preferences tab untested
prune tab untested
sync tab untested
default permission template untested

forums tab. moving a forum into one of its sub forums. is a no no.....(badd things happened...missing forums.) it also made the other forums inaccessible.. connection link terminated or something.

Forums tab. Moving forum to a parent forum is good. no issues with children.
Forums tab. Moving forum (w/children) to a different category.. EPIC FAIL!.

##user section##

creating new topic.. after submitting. 'Notice: Data entry is not inserted - the object 'Topic' is not dirty in file /class/model/write.php line 180'

#My random thoughts#
Wondering why on creating new forum why is the 'Set Forum Position:' is automatically set at 99

admin_blocks.php (blocks tab) could go to a better link. since this is supposed to be XOOPS 2.3 only then more parameters would be better.

creation of a forum forum with the +forum button works good. the correct forum is set as parent in the form

i got to get myself reconnected with the team and get some more testing done.
CBB / LatestNews / Publisher / XM-Spotlight

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

pablo103
  • 2008/12/10 14:06

• pablo103

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2008/2/3 1

When we will see the final version? i tried twice to upgrade from 3.08 but no success. i lost all post from the forum...

Anonymous
  • 2008/12/10 15:07

• Anonymous

• Since:

Quote:
pablo103 wrote:

When we will see the final version? i tried twice to upgrade from 3.08 but no success. i lost all post from the forum...

That wasn't a problem with CBB4 RC - it was a problem with XOOPS 2.3.0 and 2.3.1 which has been corrected with 2.3.2b

Dunno about a final release though..... suspect that more testing time is needed as it hasn't been that long since 2.3.b was released.

voltan
  • 2008/12/10 17:07

• voltan

• Theme Designer

• Since: 2006/12/5

I have this problem
https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=66675&forum=4&post_id=301815#forumpost301815

faridelha
  • 2009/1/3 1:08

• faridelha

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/3/7 0

bbcode not work in forum descrpition

Login

Who's Online

153 user(s) are online (83 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 153

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits