serial-weber
How to customise width of Subject tittle in AMS 2.51

Hi,
I am building a bilingual (French and English) web site and I use AMS 2.51 for News. But space available for creating tittle of subject can only have 40 characters. How can I do to increase characters number untill 100 or more?
Thanks

Anonymous
Re: How to customise width of Subject tittle in AMS 2.51
  • 2008/10/10 14:22

• Anonymous

• Since:

I've deleted the other thread you started in another Forum asking the same question.

Please do not double- or cross-post as it hacks off other users and means that you and others have to look in two places for the same answer.

Many thanks.

raymia
  • 2008/10/10 14:28

• raymia

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2008/8/25

and people won't take him seriously. double topics will make users pass the topic. It happened to me also.

hope somebody can help you quickly.

succes finding the answer.

greets ray

btw. jav thank you.

serial-weber

HiQuote:

JAVesey wrote:
I've deleted the other thread you started in another Forum asking the same question.

Please do not double- or cross-post as it hacks off other users and means that you and others have to look in two places for the same answer.

JAVesey, I am sorry and I apologize myself for that . It is because I realized that my problem was about module troubleshooting, but I wrote it in a wrong forum subject. Sorry , Sorry , Sorry ...

Mamba
  • 2008/10/13 4:21

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Quote:
But space available for creating tittle of subject can only have 40 characters. How can I do to increase characters number untill 100 or more?

You'll need to increase the size of the respective field in the database (e.g. by using phpMyAdmin)
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

serial-weber

Hi Mamba

Thank you for your request, I tried what you said but notihng is changed, I went to my admin manager, I accessed my database and after the table ams_topic, I changed the value of topic_title from varchar(50)to varchar(200).
The article_title length is set to 255, but in the Manage Articles section of AMS 2.51 just allow articles with less than 80 characters.

Where is the problem? I must present the web site to the owner tomoroow morning

Thank you

NovaSmart
  • 2008/10/16 22:03

• NovaSmart

• Module Developer

• Since: 2007/6/1 2

the problem should lies behind the html coding. It shouldn't be a big problem. I'll take a look and come out with quick patch for u. Sorry not so responsive since we quite busy with our commercial project now. Send directly to the email like you done usually works to make us wake up :).
Malaysia R&D Company (Reg No: 001614159-X)
http://www.NovaSmartTechnology.com

NovaSmart XOOPS Module & Hack Website
http://xoops.NovaSmartTechnology.com

serial-weber

Hi

I think that I saw where to change width of Subject tittle in AMS 2.51:

- AMS/admin/index.php, line 292

$sform->addElement(new XoopsFormText(_AMS_AM_TOPICNAME . ' ' . _AMS_AM_MAX40CHAR, 'topic_title', 40, 50, $topic_title), true);

1- Change value 50 by the value you want example 200
2- Go to your data base and edit table topic_title from varchar(50)to varchar(200)

Thanks

Login

Who's Online

160 user(s) are online (100 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 160

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits