sadakathulla
Unable to Create Conditional Forms

Hi Friends,

I have formulize module installed and i have created a form to get the daily job data for my team as i work in a technical support center for dell. The form works great for me but unable to implement condions for that. for example if my employee selects ISSUE TYPE = SPYWARE INFECTION THEN IT SHOULD DISPLAY AN OTHER OPTION TO SELECT THE TYPE OF SPYWARES AND IF ISSUE TYPE = WIRELESS HE SHOULD GET OPTION TO SELECT THE ROUTER BRAND NAME AND LIKEWISE AND I AM NOT ABLE TO DO THAT. ANY HELP IS APPRICIATED...

REGARDS
KHAN

jegelstaff
Re: Unable to Create Conditional Forms

Hi there, sorry for the long delay in replying.

It sounds like you're looking for a situation such as the typical pick country/pick province/state boxes, that many sites have. When you pick the country, the choice of provinces/states is changed to only the ones that match the country you picked.

Is that right?

If so, then no, unfortunately, it's not something Formulize does. It is an oft discussed feature that no one we've ever worked with has needed enough to bother developing it. If you have some development resources and want to add this feature, I would be pleased to talk about how it could be implemented.

Sorry I don't have better news.

--Julian
Technical Architect - Freeform Solutions
Formulize - custom registration forms, ad hoc forms and reports

sadakathulla

Hi julian,

Thanks for your reply. Sorry i was busy unable to check. The problem is if i select option (a) in a dropdown box1 then a drop down box 2 should appear below box1 if no option is selected in box 1 then the box2 should be invisible

still stuck up with that form moule in my intranet site for my office. any help is appriciated

regards
khan

jegelstaff

Are you a developer, or do you have a PHP developer you could put on this problem? If so, I can provide some specs for what would need to be done to make this happen. It can't be done without a developer though, it will require significant programming (ie: not just hacking).

Unfortunately, I can't volunteer my time to the task at the moment, though eventually this feature will be added to Formulize, I'm pretty sure.

In the meantime, all I can suggest is that you make a long, structured series of options, ie:

Alberta - Calgary
Alberta - Edmonton
British Columbia - Vancovuer
British Columbia - Victoria
etc....

It's long, but it's easy to read and is organized by the "first" choice.

--Julian
Technical Architect - Freeform Solutions
Formulize - custom registration forms, ad hoc forms and reports

Login

Who's Online

170 user(s) are online (117 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 170

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits