renevirgo
Can't install any more modules
  • 2008/8/25 18:24

• renevirgo

• Just popping in

• Since: 2008/8/25

Xoops 2.0.18.1
Installed some modules a while ago.
Now after uploading new modules, they do not show on modules admin page !!

Nick_James
Re: Can't install any more modules

I have a similar problem on 2.3.0 RC. The modules are actually there. They are just not showing up.

However, I found that I could still install them by manually typing the command. You get the basic command line off of any module that shows up for an install. Such as:

"your site"/modules/system/admin.php?fct=modulesadmin&op=install&module=article

Then change the module name to the name you know is there that you want to install.

Kind of awkward, but it works until I can figure out why the modules are not showing.
Nicholas James
President - LaDads
www.ladads.info

riosoft
  • 2008/8/25 19:43

• riosoft

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/11/8

Could be you have an incomplete module uploaded! Please, remove all modules (no system) and try to upload one bye one or try to delete latest modules and then try again.
Greetings.

renevirgo
  • 2008/8/25 21:49

• renevirgo

• Just popping in

Ok tanx, I'll try 2morrow. In the meantime new problems arised.
Permission in blocks, news, and groups not working.
I really need to put some content away from anonymous but it always show despite permissions settings

renevirgo
  • 2008/8/26 15:18

• renevirgo

• Just popping in

So it worked, I got some modules more. The permissions are still a problem. Tried to seek a reference about chmod of all directory structure and all files. Did'nt found that. I made a second install of xoops, modules admin = same thing. I use XOOPS also on intranet (xampp) and nothing like that experienced.

Ralyn
  • 2008/9/16 3:17

• Ralyn

• Just popping in

• Since: 2008/9/16

I'm having this same problem - The modules are there, and are just fine, but don't show for me to install them. I tried to re-install, like I saw somebody else did, same thing. I'll try the hack install and see if it helps. I wasn't done adding goodies yet, lol.

Sounds like this is a bug that needs addressed. I'm new to XOOPS - decided to try it for my county community site -http://www.mercercommunities.com - don't like the program we started with. My XOOPS test site is here, while I'm trying to figure this all out:http://mercom.gazebo-store.com

Ralyn Speerly Schraceo
Under The Rainbow
http://www.undertherainbow.us

Login

Who's Online

176 user(s) are online (115 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 176

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits