krauh
Headline News Module - Using Voxant
  • 2008/8/9 18:04

• krauh

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/2/25

Anyone have any interest, other than me, in creating a headline news module that would allow you to easily embed Voxant Newsroom feeds into XOOPS sites?

I currently use this on my site but its not a module as I would like it to be.

It would require an account with Voxant which is free and easy to set up.Then you would take the embed code given on the Voxant site and paste it into your module form to create your page.Sounds simple but have no idea how to do this,not a coder.It would be cool if it allowed you to embed other codes on that page during creation or to edit later to include codes such as Adsense or whatever per page to get more variety or throughout the entire module.

Voxant seems pretty neat as it has video news players as well as the option to view news as text.It would be nice to give people the option somehow as to what format they would like to view.Not everyone has highspeed 8(. They do advertise through the players they use for the news that is displayed and pay for views though I haven't had enough to get a check but that doesnt matter so much as it freely embeded headline news that others can also freely embed on blogs and other websites.

Anyways I think it would be cool if we had a module that made it easy to use.
The closest I've come is to just use the blankpage module and put the info in the page.I could see this being a useful content type module even if you took Voxant out of the picture itself and just made a module that allowed you to add thing like this anyways.I used voxant cause that is what I would use it for at this time but I could also see it used for other things also.

I'll let yas pick on how I used it but it was the best I could come up with at the time.A video news player by voxant will load on this page eventually,take a bit on dial up.It'd be nice to incorporate something to keep folks entertained while the player loads.But....

My Sad Attempt To Twist Your Arm

It would be nice if it was a module by itself that would give the viewer the option of viewing text or video and listing the categories in a sub menu on the left side while in the possible future module if someone became inclined to make it.

Anyways, Just XOOPS it! Please

Login

Who's Online

260 user(s) are online (168 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 260

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits