ChrisRay
2.3 module install problems
  • 2008/8/5 14:14

• ChrisRay

• Just popping in

• Since: 2008/8/1 1

Setting up a 2.3 testbed. The core system installed well with one or two screens a little ambiguous. Have started to install the addon modules. Everything copied over cleanly, but while the admin>modules screen shows only the system module as installed, it only shows five addon modules ready for loading (out of 8?) and then stops loading. I can see these modules: article, contact us, forum, news, XFplanet, in that order. nothing below XF Planet loads. Any ideas?
Running on Suse Linux 10.2, Apache2, PHP-5.2.6, MySQL-5.0.26.

ChrisRay
Re: 2.3 module install problems
  • 2008/8/5 14:46

• ChrisRay

• Just popping in

Further data. If I hide the protector module by moving it into a directory in XOOPS_ROOT_PATH/modules readable only by root, the other two addon modules appear and the screen fully loads. So the problem seems to be the protector module. It looks like mainfile.php under 2.3 does not need editing to add XOOPS_TRUST_PATH, but is there anything else I may have missed?

ChrisRay
Re: 2.3 module install problems
  • 2008/8/5 15:13

• ChrisRay

• Just popping in

Please ignore two previous posts. My fault. The main part of the Protector module now goes in the modules directory which is now loaded under the xoops_lib directory. Might be an idea to clarify that the old XOOPS_TRUST_PATH/modules directory has effectively moved down one notch from the site-trusted-path/modules to site-trusted-path/xoops_lib/modules. I think that's what the readme in xoops-2.3.0-rc-addon/htdocs says (needs a couple of blank lines at the end).
Sorry to trouble anyone.

Login

Who's Online

200 user(s) are online (72 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 200

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits