krauh
Internet Explorer - operation aborted on homepage
  • 2008/8/2 15:48

• krauh

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/2/25

This just started happening on my websites homepage yesterday,using 2.018.1.When I try to go to the homepage internet explorer displays the logo and banner rotator then it pops an error that says,"Internet Explorer Can not display "Website Address" Operation Aborted."

However I was able to view pretty much any other page on the site by going directly to the page url and then that section would show up where other blocks were used on these pages.

To get the hompage to display I had to remove every center block then it would render the page without that dreadful IE error.Why does it render all the other pages just fine?They have blocks on them and aren't creating this popup and the block I was trying to display on the homepage was nothing flashy and worked just fine earlier yesterday.

Anyone understand what the deal is?

krauh
Re: Internet Explorer - operation aborted on homepage
  • 2008/8/2 16:09

• krauh

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/2/25

I had another test site set up and it was doing the same thing last night.
I just downloaded and installed windows service pack 3 from windows update and now everything is working again.

I was only getting this error on the homepages of these XOOPS sites that are running 2.018.1 with windows svc pack 2.After downloading svc pack 3 they are working again.

Why don't they make the error direct people to windows update?Jerks.
I would assume many of the people visiting my site have not downloaded svc pack 3.To bad there wasn't a way to let them know.Although its probably decked out for homeland security Resized Image

Login

Who's Online

250 user(s) are online (154 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 250

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits