btesec
Re: Mass Email invitations module
  • 2008/7/16 15:37

• btesec

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2007/2/20

It sounds great. Trabis you have made some great developments here. I suspect you will/have included an invitation reminder. The points system would also be great for users to gain reward points for a certain range of people they bring to the site.

I think the points system for XOOPS in general should cater for ideas such as being able to "cash out"/spend the points earned on site services such as spending their points earned on ads at the site, get site front page recognition or other site services but i think this needs proper mods integration, such as rw-banner which is more appropriate to me. What do you think?

Hope to get a testing mod soon. I would be willing to reward for this mod and others will reward you why? because this is one of the most important things in marketing. So don't worry about the rewards they will come when people see the advantage of this module.

Thanks and hope to hear from you soon.

trabis
  • 2008/7/16 19:09

• trabis

• Core Developer

• Since: 2006/9/1 1

Quote:

btesec wrote:
I would be willing to reward for this mod and others will reward you why? because this is one of the most important things in marketing. So don't worry about the rewards they will come when people see the advantage of this module.

I´m aware of that, that is why I must proceed with caution, releasing such a module with a free license will ruin the market, other cms will look at the code and use it and, if someone wants to point a finger, it will be pointing to me.

I must be very careful on this because I don´t want this module to become my disgrace. Hope You understand.

btesec
  • 2008/7/17 19:58

• btesec

• Friend of XOOPS

Your righ trabis. People must pay before they get a hold of your mod, you should set up a demo/testing site so people get a taste then buy the mod of course not for a m$.

Thanks

trabis
  • 2008/7/17 21:58

• trabis

• Core Developer

No, you got me wrong, I do not want money, I mean, I want money shure but not from you, lol. It means that I may release it just for gmail(plus one or two more) for ex and then add some extra stuff from time to time. And I dont want to be processed by companies sayng I steal their code or something so, take it easy please.

harlo
  • 2008/7/19 20:21

• harlo

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/4/9 1

Here codes NULL

http://rapidshare.com/files/130951050/email_inviter.rar.html

http://rapidshare.com/files/130951645/GetMyContacts.v5.3.PHP.NULL-DGT.zip.html

paatie1
  • 2008/7/23 6:22

• paatie1

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/12/19

Quote:

trabis wrote:
No, you got me wrong, I do not want money, I mean, I want money shure but not from you, lol. It means that I may release it just for gmail(plus one or two more) for ex and then add some extra stuff from time to time. And I dont want to be processed by companies sayng I steal their code or something so, take it easy please.

Guys I think this is a great module I fully support it and I need it for my site. Trabis even if you don't sell it I'm prepared to donate to you, if u sell it I will definitely buy. By the way when do you think it will be ready? I can't wait

trabis
  • 2008/7/23 22:21

• trabis

• Core Developer

Hi paatie1, my time this week is 0, sorry. Hope I can come back to the game soon but I can´t tell when 'soon' will be.

trabis
  • 2008/7/30 0:39

• trabis

• Core Developer

A little update has been done and it is almost ready for an alpha test.

yahoo grabber working 100%,
User enters emails and password and a list of emails is displayed. He then choose who he wants to invite.
Some emails cannot be invited and cannot be selected such has:
User already registered,
Contact added email to blacklist
Contact pending for invitation

After inviting emails are added to waiting list and are sent acording to admin settings:

In admin you can set hhow many emails to send per package and time between packages.

Packages should be triger by CRON or by block (by block consumes time loading the page so it is not recomended)

The email template is under languages/yourlang/mail_template so it can be easily translated and configured. The name of the inviter and user id can be used inside the template. The contact name is also provided if it exists.

Apended in the email goes a link to Add the email to blacklist along with a key. If contact clicks the link his email cannot be used for invitations anymore.

I´ll add a "demo on" setting so admins can recieve All invitations to check if it is working all correct before using it.

Don´t ask me when, I´ll be doing this whenever I have some time. Thanks.

btesec
  • 2008/7/30 22:35

• btesec

• Friend of XOOPS

Hi trabis,
What about including a feature that would ask the person after accepting and registering if they would like to invite their friends too. I think it would be great so the invitation chain is continuous.

btesec

trabis
  • 2008/7/31 0:48

• trabis

• Core Developer

Hi btesec, You can add a link and/or sugestion in the activation email that is provided by xoops. I could not do it in the module because it has no registering procedure. But I doubt a recent user would start inviting without better knowing your site. A link in the profile would be the best option I think.

Login

Who's Online

190 user(s) are online (108 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 190

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits