rabideau
Re: Polish your theme CSS files
  • 2007/2/7 2:38

• rabideau

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/4/25

Hi James,

Thanks for the web pointers. flumpcakes seems especially useful.

As for the tools I like. I am a HUGE fan of Topstyle Pro. I think I use that tool more any other piece of software on my PC except perhaps Outlook (which is another sad story).

I also use Namo Webeditor a lot, because I'm a lazy html coder, am old and have a shoddy memory for coding rules.
I use Topstyle to fix my Namo html code. Like James, I strive for stds and speed in themes.

I am a big fan of Liquid CSS/ or wireframe CSS (that whole table free thing). It is really difficult to explain how useful and powerful it is until you use it. Anything that can free your site to look 'right' and be browser & screen size independent is great; and this style of css can do a lot in that area. The problem generally is that table free css is too often implemented in a boring looking style. So for those of you who have not been following my other postings on this site, I've been working on keeping the advantage of Liquid CSS plus adding a certain 'eye candy factor'to XOOPS themes.

You can check my sites out and let me know if you think I'm succeeding. If you are interested in helping me get this to a higher level of beauty and flexibility let me know.
Pax vobiscum,
...mark

may the road rise to meet your feet!

http://treemagic.org

tallpaul
  • 2008/7/11 16:07

• tallpaul

• Just popping in

• Since: 2008/7/11

hey is there a way to use relative urls in your theme stylesheets? I couldn't get it to work, had to use the full http:// path to a background image.

aph3x
  • 2008/7/12 17:19

• aph3x

• Theme Designer

• Since: 2004/12/26

I never encounter such an issue... try:
background-imageurl(image-folder/this-image.jpg);
or:
background-imageurl(../image-folder/this-image.jpg)
It really depends on your theme PS. where did the html allowance in post go?!
Everything I'm not made me everything I am
The Themes

Login

Who's Online

158 user(s) are online (100 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 158

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits