skullan
User Authentication is screwed up, duplicate loginnames, new users cannot register.
  • 2008/6/22 14:35

• skullan

• Just popping in

• Since: 2008/6/21

Xoops 2.0 (18)

Hi All,

I'm confused about how to troubleshoot this issue. I'm helping my brother correct his XOOPS site issues (he's swamped with real-life stuff).

Right now, here are the symptoms:

1. New users cannot register.
2. When you go to edit the users, there should be a drop-down list populated, but it doesn't.
3. There are many duplicate user names in the tables (not the descriptive, but the logons themselves).

I've tried to bring over the problematic database and import them into my local MySQL database, but when I do that, the system just gives me a blank white screen (which there are alot of troubleshooting techniques to look at, but none of them give any debug info).

If I re-import my clean database, the white screen goes away and I am able to work fine with the same install.

Right now, all I care about is running some sort of consistency check on both users and permissions inside the offending database.

Is there a script or an application that can parse the users, their groups and their profiles to show me what needs to be deleted or fixed to get this system running again?

I've searched via Google and as well, this site, but nothing seems to fix the issue.

Thanks!

skullan
Re: User Authentication is screwed up, duplicate loginnames, new users cannot register.
  • 2008/6/25 3:05

• skullan

• Just popping in

Okay, I'm going to assume that there isn't. So I am creating my own scripts (which means learning PHP faster than I thought :)).

In regards to sanity checking the tables, I'm assuming that duplicate uname values in the users table is considered corruption. Correct?

I haven't found an ERD table in all my searching, so I am tracing the SQL that is submitted to MySQL to find out the methods of logging in and more importantly, what it looks for permissions.

wizanda
Re: User Authentication is screwed up, duplicate loginnames, new users cannot register.
  • 2008/6/25 15:06

• wizanda

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/3/21

Sorry for not noticing before, you, like my self had to learn PHP, just to fix a few things

There is a module to help, which works with the 2.1 copies of XOOPS....

xoops Table Logical Check

skullan
  • 2008/6/25 19:38

• skullan

• Just popping in

Thanks for the link. I'll give it a try tonight.

Login

Who's Online

113 user(s) are online (61 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 113

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits