btesec
Re: inTHEtube - Spice your web - version 9.0.1
  • 2008/4/16 16:42

• btesec

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2007/2/20

"phppp wrote:

I am going to write an article about Security Considerations in XOOPS Development..."

It would be good to see a list of modules that are safe to use in production sites.

Thanks

btesec

btesec
  • 2008/4/16 17:45

• btesec

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2007/2/20

Hi,

"1. you can choose as much keywords as you want, each keyword with the number of videos you want it to show is defined in the admin side and presented at the user side (scroll-down menu with the the keywords)." I don't see this option in the admin

"2. you can choose which keyword(s) will be the default and it's videos will be shown in the first module page." How do I do this?

"9. When making a new search, a new results line is apearing without deleting your last search." I notice it duplicates the search result thumbs ie. i get two rows of the same videos.

In mod admin I only see:

- Show the Search box in the module?
- Show custom keywords videos by default?

- what about if a keyword has been search for and then I search the same keyword to try to get different videos, I notice it keeps duplicating the same videos thumbs.
- Also a video thumbs block would be great.
- As i mentioned before i prefer video embed in my page than overlay, it appears on top of my header, etc.
By the way I am testing it on my local machine with mysql5 and php 5

The idea of keeping the user side simple is great, other video modules just make it difficult for new users to get around.

I notice the help section in the module admin area has been started i suggest you put the established feature and function tips here eg how to change the keywords, how to increase the number of results per search.

btesec

tzvook
  • 2008/4/18 20:43

• tzvook

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/2/1 2

@ btesec
Sorry for the delayed answere ..

Quote:
"1. you can choose as much keywords as you want, each keyword with the number of videos you want it to show is defined in the admin side and presented at the user side (scroll-down menu with the the keywords)." I don't see this option in the admin

Go to admin side, and then "modules" ==> "inTHEtube" ==> "edit keywords"

Quote:
"2. you can choose which keyword(s) will be the default and it's videos will be shown in the first module page." How do I do this?

Go to admin side, and then "modules" ==> "inTHEtube" ==> "edit keywords" ... you can make any of your keywords default.

Quote:
"9. When making a new search, a new results line is apearing without deleting your last search." I notice it duplicates the search result thumbs ie. i get two rows of the same videos.

If you search for the same keywords you may get same results, If you search for different keywords you'll get different results

Quote:
In mod admin I only see:

- Show the Search box in the module?
- Show custom keywords videos by default?

Since you go to the module preferences, you need to go to admin side, and then "modules" ==> "inTHEtube" ==> "edit keywords" ....

tzvook
  • 2008/4/19 10:16

• tzvook

• Just can't stay away

Since I prefer all FAQ of this module will be here @ xoops.org for the benefit of all , I post a question I got by mail + the answere:

Quote:
I am using the module at the above address. Is there a way to increase the number of results that you get from a search Box search. not the custom words

open modules/inthetube/index.php , near the end of the page look for :

<input type="text" onblur="insertVideos('youtubeDivSearch','search',this.value,'4',1);"/>

change the '4' to anything you need ...

<input type="text" onblur="insertVideos('youtubeDivSearch','search',this.value,'22',1);"/>

In the next version I'll focus on bringing all those vars to the admin (module preferences)

gordo
  • 2008/4/19 10:48

• gordo

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/8/17

sorted great...

tzvook
Re: inTHEtube - Spice your web - version 9.0.4
  • 2008/4/20 21:35

• tzvook

• Just can't stay away

I'm excited to announce Version 9.0.4
Why excited? ... since the third block is introduced: this block let you show the thumbnails as a block, with a few options:

From the block admin you can define the folowing:
- How many videos to show
- The keyword(s) to show
- Show only from specific Youtube account? (Yes/No)
- Write the youtube account number
- Show videos inline (Yes/No)
(If not inline, clicking the thumbnails will lead to the video in YouTube)
- Define how your inline video 'Close div' will look:
Close line background + Close line text color.

Actually the module was written for this block from the begining: to be able to put those thumbnails everywhere in the site, it also fit it's width to any block position ...
So till version 1.0 , I'll freeze with new features and will focuse in bringing all hardcoded language into it's lang files ... and staff like this

More details and download: About the inTHEtube at Gifts45.com -
Gifts & Shopping Directory

A bit about compibility: the module was tested with 2.2.4 , 2.2.5 , 2.016 , 2.018 , 2.0181 and should work on all forks too (I'll be glad to get feedback on this) ..

carisio
  • 2008/6/20 8:30

• carisio

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/4/10

MODULES inTHEtube

I would like to know the exact address of a tape.
For example
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9MxJao-hCc

Unfortunately the result that I get is
javascript:videoOverlay ('j9MxJao-hCc');

Which change to the script I could do because the URL is correct?
To know the exact address of a tape can be useful for the one who desires to convert them in AVI, MPEG... (http://www.vixy.net. )

I hope both comprehensible that that I have described.

Thanks.

carisio
  • 2008/6/20 8:34

• carisio

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/4/10

MODULES inTHEtube

I would like to know the exact address of a tape.
For example
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9MxJao-hCc

Unfortunately the result that I get is
javascript:videoOverlay ('j9MxJao-hCc');

Which change to the script I could do because the URL is correct?
To know the exact address of a tape can be useful for the one who desires to convert them in AVI, MPEG... (http://www.vixy.net. )

I hope both comprehensible that that I have described.

Thanks.

lapsa2000
  • 2008/6/22 21:44

• lapsa2000

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2006/10/27

I have a problem, the video is covered with the menu's theme (when playing this), is only half the video.

As we fix this?, Or to modify the video is to the right of the theme and not in the center.

Thanks!

Xoops 2.0.18.1
IntheTube 0.94
Persevera...y seguiras
Perseverando !!!

tzvook
  • 2008/6/23 18:23

• tzvook

• Just can't stay away

Sorry for the lake of support ... my time is very limited these days due to highly demand big projects

@ lapsa2000
look for the CSS parts of the module and try to add z-index - it will raise the layer up or down as you need.
I wrote something about it in the Forum .... try to search ...

Login

Who's Online

181 user(s) are online (88 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 181

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits