johnrulz2003
RE-Installing Xoops

Hello,
Recently, my website was wiped out due to some problems on the server. Luckily, the sql database is still there however XOOPS was already deleted. I have downloaded the new XOOPS and when I try to install it and connect it to my old database, it wouldn't work because XOOPS tries to create new tables and of course there are tables already existing in my old database, so the installation never gets completed.
Can somebody tell me what is the right way to reinstall Xoops.
Thanks.

jlm69
Re: RE-Installing Xoops
  • 2008/6/18 20:42

• jlm69

• Module Developer

• Since: 2002/7/19

If your database is intact, all you should need to do is upload your XOOPS files, then you need a mainfile.php with all the correct info for your site and database. If you don't have a backup of mainfile.php, you could rebuild it, by looking for a file called mainfile.dist.php. Then look through it and fill in all the things with your info.

You will need to define:

for your site

XOOPS_ROOT_PATH
XOOPS_URL

for your database

XOOPS_DB_PREFIX - you can get this from your database
XOOPS_DB_HOST
XOOPS_DB_USER
XOOPS_DB_PASS
XOOPS_DB_NAME

Once they are all defined, rename that file mainfile.php, if all your info is correct you should be all set.
Depending on what version of XOOPS you had and what version you are going to use, you may need to upgrade the Xoops, instuctions are usually in an upgrade folder.

I think that will get you going.

--Edited--
I forgot about the modules, you will need to add the modules you were using to your module folder.
You could find which modules and which versions they were in your database, in the modules table.

Once you get it back, make a backup of all your files.

John

johnrulz2003

hi. I did as you told but I am getting this error message when I try to access my website:

Warning: include_once(/class/xoopsblock.php) [function.include-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/penster/public_html/header.php on line 29

Warning: include_once() [function.include]: Failed opening '/class/xoopsblock.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/penster/public_html/header.php on line 29

Fatal error: Call to a member function stopTime() on a non-object in /home/penster/public_html/header.php on line 35

I still havent uploaded the modules and the XOOPS version which I used is the new version, and the one which I used previously was i think XOOPS 2.0.16 something. I think this is what's causing the problem. However, I cant find that version of xoops.

I really hope you can help me coz Im getting really frustrated.

Edited****

I actually found the XOOPS version which I used and I still get those same messages.

Anonymous
  • 2008/6/20 9:06

• Anonymous

• Since:

Hi,

If it were me (and it was in January this year ), I'd make a backup of the existing database to my local PC. I'd then back up the database again on a module-by-module basis.

I'd then totally wipe my XOOPS install and database.

Then I'd:

1. Do a completely new XOOPS install using 2.0.18.1
2. reinstall all my modules
3. use phpmyadmin to overwrite the individual modules tables with those from the backups.

HTH

jlm69
  • 2008/6/20 10:58

• jlm69

• Module Developer

• Since: 2002/7/19

You could also do what JAVesey suggests, the way I suggested you will need to add all the modules that you were using, if the XOOPS versions are not the same as you had you will need to run the upgrade script.
Either way you will have to update the system module in the modules admin, then you will probably need to update all your modules in the module admin. Either way you do it it is not a simple task. And when you do finish, Backup everything.

John

anderssk
  • 2008/6/20 11:21

• anderssk

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2006/3/21

A bit of fun to read, but a bit harrowing.
Many of us runs a XOOPS site and take (perhaps) backup through phpmyadmin or a backup module. Perhaps someone, other than me, also makes backup of the files via FTP.

It is always recommended to backup, before the installation of modules, etc. but werry few know how to restore a backup.
Is there any documentation about
restore of the XOOPS or restore
backup/restore of a single module ?

Login

Who's Online

251 user(s) are online (180 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 251

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits