gilgamesh
Provider upgraded hosting platform, site down
  • 2008/5/25 7:54

• gilgamesh

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/1/28

Hi forum,

My provider has upgraded the hosting platform for their customers and they moved my website to a new server with a different IP address and different admin credentials.

I had XOOPS installed in a subdomain, but when I try to access the site now I get an error message.

I had a really old version of XOOPS running, I don't know what version exactly. The header of the index.php file shows "$Id: index.php,v 1.8 2003/03/23 23:03:58 okazu Exp $"? The provider allows me to install a new version of XOOPS up to version 2.2.3a through automated installation.

My question to the forum is wether it is realistic to hope to upgrade my website to a current version while also keeping the content I had on the site???

Thx in advance,

G

Anonymous
Re: Provider upgraded hosting platform, site down
  • 2008/5/25 11:24

• Anonymous

• Since:

Quote:
gilgamesh wrote:

I had XOOPS installed in a subdomain, but when I try to access the site now I get an error message.

Do you know if that sub-domain is active on the new server?

What is the error message that you get? It might simple be a case of updating your mainfile.php to reflect the new server environment.

What is different about the new server compared to the old one, i.e. is is a different PHP version? If your site is old and they've upgraded the php version it may be that some of your modules don't work.

Are you able to back-up the database via a CPanel or phpmyadmin?

It will be easier to give you best advice if you could answer some or all of the questions above.

Above all, don't be panicked into trying that autoinstaller nonsense; their suggested update is to an older version of the 2.2.x branch and you're not sure what version of XOOPS you're running anyway - you might be on the 2.0.x branch.

Let folks on here help you instead!

gilgamesh
Re: Provider upgraded hosting platform, site down
  • 2008/5/28 18:37

• gilgamesh

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/1/28

Appologies for the late reaction. I was expecting a mail when a reply was posted.

To answer your questions.
Yes, the subdomain was still reachable and configured.

According to my provider PHP was updated from version 4 to 5, my site got a new IP address and controlpanel.

The error I get is:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_CLONE, expecting T_STRING in /home/<folder>/domains/<sitename>/public_html/xoops/kernel/object.php on line 528
Unknown Condition [2048]: Non-static method XoopsLogger::instance() should not be called statically in file /home/<folder>/domains/<sitename>/public_html/xoops/include/common.php line 59
Unknown Condition [2048]: Non-static method XoopsDatabaseFactory::getDatabaseConnection() should not be called statically in file /home/<folder>/domains/<sitename>/public_html/xoops/include/common.php line 75
Unknown Condition [2048]: Non-static method XoopsLogger::instance() should not be called statically in file /home/<folder>/domains/<sitename>/public_html/xoops/class/database/databasefactory.php line 31
Unknown Condition [2048]: Non-static method XoopsErrorHandler::getInstance() should not be called statically in file /home/<folder>/domains/<sitename>/public_html/xoops/class/errorhandler.php line 208

I removed the names of some folders for privacy reasons.

I can backup my site including the databases.

Thx,
G

Login

Who's Online

151 user(s) are online (111 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 151

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits