rlankford
Module Update Bug
  • 2008/5/21 13:49

• rlankford

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/8/27

I've encountered what I think may be a bug. I have a custom module here. I updated one of my templates. Installed the upgrad onto the server. Updated the module in the admin section. Then, when viewing my module, the template is still showing the older version.

So, I then delete all the cache files in the templates_c folder and try again. No luck. So I get poking around in the templates section of the admin panel. When updating my module, the updated template gets updated in the "XOOPS Default Template Set". But the problem here is that I have another template set currently selected. Shouldn't XOOPS realize that I have another template set selected and update the templates there too when updating a module?

This may or may not be a bug. I may simply not understand the 'why' of how it works. Perhaps after updating a module, I am supposed to go and delete all the templates in my currently selected Template Set for that module and regenerate them. If so, this isn't something that I've been aware of in the years that I've been using Xoops.

Any and all commentary on this subject is much appreciated. Please weigh in on what I might be doing wrong or how you think it should work. Thanks!

Login

Who's Online

171 user(s) are online (108 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 171

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits