Christien
Hide link from main menu
  • 2008/5/8 11:25

• Christien

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/11/15

I install smartobjects and smartsection together so visitors can rate articles. Now i have a link to smartobjects in my main menu but want to remove it. If i disable it in te module admin i get all kind off error messages when a user votes for an article. When i enable it again the errors disappears. Now my question, how to remove the link from the main menu without hiding it from the module admin? I want to remove it because whem a visitor clicks on it all it does is reload the page.

aph3x
Re: Hide link from main menu
  • 2008/5/8 11:29

• aph3x

• Theme Designer

• Since: 2004/12/26

Go to your modules admin page (where u install modules) and set SmartObject's value to 0 (zero) , that will remove it from main menu
Everything I'm not made me everything I am
The Themes

Christien
  • 2008/5/8 13:58

• Christien

• Just popping in

Thanks, for your reply...

When i do this i get the following errors, like i said in my first post:

Notice: Use of undefined constant _CO_SOBJECT_RATING_DIRNAME - assumed '_CO_SOBJECT_RATING_DIRNAME' in file /modules/smartobject/class/rating.php line 43

Notice: Use of undefined constant _CO_SOBJECT_RATING_ITEM - assumed '_CO_SOBJECT_RATING_ITEM' in file /modules/smartobject/class/rating.php line 44

Notice: Use of undefined constant _CO_SOBJECT_RATING_ITEMID - assumed '_CO_SOBJECT_RATING_ITEMID' in file /modules/smartobject/class/rating.php line 45

Notice: Use of undefined constant _CO_SOBJECT_RATING_UID - assumed '_CO_SOBJECT_RATING_UID' in file /modules/smartobject/class/rating.php line 46

Notice: Use of undefined constant _CO_SOBJECT_RATING_DATE - assumed '_CO_SOBJECT_RATING_DATE' in file /modules/smartobject/class/rating.php line 47

Notice: Use of undefined constant _CO_SOBJECT_RATING_RATE - assumed '_CO_SOBJECT_RATING_RATE' in file /modules/smartobject/class/rating.php line 48

Notice: Use of undefined constant _CO_SOBJECT_RATING_NAME - assumed '_CO_SOBJECT_RATING_NAME' in file /modules/smartobject/class/rating.php line 50

Is there no way to use the module but remove the link from the main menu?

Anonymous
  • 2008/5/8 14:12

• Anonymous

• Since:

what happens if you go into modules admin and update both modules, SmartObject first?

What version of XOOPS and php are you running?

Christien
  • 2008/5/8 14:23

• Christien

• Just popping in

I'm running XOOPS 2.0.18.1 on php5.

When i update SmartObject there's no error but when i update smartsection the following error displays:

Notice: Undefined index: options in file /modules/smartsection/include/updateblock.inc.php line 85

Notice: Undefined index: options in file /modules/smartsection/include/updateblock.inc.php line 85

If i rate i get the same error as in my previous post.

Anonymous
  • 2008/5/8 14:36

• Anonymous

• Since:

The only version of SmartSection that requires SmartObjects is v2.14beta.

If you haven't done so already, I suggest that you go over tohttp://www.smartfactory.ca/ and report this bug on their Forums.

In the meantime, use SmartSection 2.13Final as it works fine on XOOPS 2.0.18.1 and php5; you will be able to update to 2.14 when the final version is released with, hopefully, your bug corrected.

Okay, you won't have rating enabled but any articles that write in SmartSection will be retained after upgrade.

Sorry, but I personally can't be of more help.

stefan88
  • 2008/5/8 15:02

• stefan88

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2004/9/20

Hi,

you may try this:

goto smartobject folder and find xoops_version.php. Opent it with text editor and find

$modversion['hasMain'] = 1;

change it to

$modversion['hasMain'] = 0;

update the module and see if you still have the problem.

Christien
  • 2008/5/8 17:40

• Christien

• Just popping in

I changed the setting in xoops_version without any luck. I'm going to report this on the author's forum. Thanks, for the answers.

Login

Who's Online

225 user(s) are online (122 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 225

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits