richardb96
Re: content modules - how do you get them to work
  • 2008/5/5 12:28

• richardb96

• Just popping in

• Since: 2008/4/29

I can't help thinking it's not that as I haven't managed to get one content module working as yet.
Got Forums, news, menu's etc all working fine except the content ones?
I have my site online behind my main website so loading everything & testing live so I guess the php etc will be that of the hosting company. daily.co.uk

Anonymous
  • 2008/5/5 12:55

• Anonymous

• Since:

Have you tried SamartSection from http://www.smartfactory.ca/?

I know for a fact that the current stable release (2.13) works on both php4 and php5 without a problem.

richardb96
  • 2008/5/5 13:15

• richardb96

• Just popping in

Hi,

Smartsection works absolutely fine.
Wanted another content section so i can keep the pages seperate under new menus etc.
That's why i'm thinking i've missed something really basic here as I have just installed contact+ module & this is doing the same thing??

Anonymous
  • 2008/5/5 15:11

• Anonymous

• Since:

I'm not sure what the "contact+" module does - never tried it myself.

Instead of trying to install a second "content management" type module, have you considered using something like Multi-Menu (there's a brand new version just out ) to make a custom replacement for the standard Main Menu block?

You could have what ever you liked on the menu then, including multiple entries from SmartSection - you could even call it "Main Menu" just the same

Hope this helps a little?

richardb96
  • 2008/5/5 19:24

• richardb96

• Just popping in

Hi John,

yeah I considered this but I guess I would have to remove the breadcrumb so as not to link the different pages up together for Smartsection then I could put seperate page links through from Multimenu.

There must be something wrong though, as I said it's doing the blank page bit with the contact modules as well + I would like to figure outs whats wrong so I can fix it & have the choice either way.

Login

Who's Online

249 user(s) are online (62 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 249

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits