Maadman
Re: Displaying comments like forum post
  • 2008/5/3 23:51

• Maadman

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/1/17

Thanks for that link trabis! That solved the problem. Now I wonder if there would be a way to possibly break the comments up into different sections depending on which module the comments were left on? So that way you could have the recent comments block showing "Articles" and then a certain number of comments from that module, "News" and a fre comments from that one. I hope that makes sense. I'm going to take a look into it.

trabis
  • 2008/5/4 0:56

• trabis

• Core Developer

• Since: 2006/9/1 1

I do not have time today. Tomorrow I should release the module "mycomments". It will give you all you´re asking for!

script_fu

Trabis is this going to work something like the whats new module?

http://linux2.ohwada.net/modules/whatsnew/
http://linux2.ohwada.net/modules/blankpaper1/

trabis
  • 2008/5/4 1:53

• trabis

• Core Developer

• Since: 2006/9/1 1

Exactly, the plugins are quite the same (but i´m not using the whats new class, I´m using the waiting_contents of GIJOE aproach). With a little change you can adapt them to run on "mycomments". I have made just 2 plugins for now: "news" and "youtube". The diference is this plugins need an extra parameter ($uid). At this momment plugins are used for two reasons: To know what items belong to an user. To know the content of each item. Therefore each plugin as two functions. Latter we can use this plugins to show the content of the item along with the coment using some nice "click to expand" effect.

(The comments will display in flat view just like here, in this thread, expanded, not as links)

Login

Who's Online

189 user(s) are online (118 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 189

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits